What's new

Massive X is Out!

Actually personally I think they went a little overboard with visual feedback on envelopes. When you hover quickly above different envelope knobs, the diagram goes wild, swapping between all blue and some blue, some gray is quite jarring...

jarring.gif

I agree - it is a bit much. It would probably have been better if they left everything blue, but on the highlighted portion, tint the line portion purple or something like that. It is the flickering that is poorly thought out. The intention behind it is good though! :thumbsup:

Really like the new and especially the more "real" sounding presets, I would have had hard time to go there all by myself, now I have something to start with. And even if preset browser might not been finished it helps that the new ones have their own category.

Does somebody else have problems with no sound from Massive X?
When I start it and select a preset, it´s fine, but when I switch to another VST and come back to Massive, there´s no sound. I have to change presets to get my sound back.

Does somebody else have problems with no sound from Massive X?
When I start it and select a preset, it´s fine, but when I switch to another VST and come back to Massive, there´s no sound. I have to change presets to get my sound back.
I had this in Reaper using a track template and/or a saved project with massive X already preloaded on a track. I had to remove the plugin, put it back, then resave the project. It has worked since then. Not sure if it is the same problem you’ve been experiencing though.

I had this in Reaper using a track template and/or a saved project with massive X already preloaded on a track. I had to remove the plugin, put it back, then resave the project. It has worked since then. Not sure if it is the same problem you’ve been experiencing though.

Ah thanks. Yes, working with template so that´ll be it!

Well.... Massive-X doesn't seem to recall the saved patches and play them back in new projects (in Reaper).... I have to manually reload the patches inside Massive-X each time Ugh. After working on several sessions and then going back to reload them... not fun. Love Massive-X otherwise... but still.

Hmmm, that doesn't happen over here.
I wonder if it is patch specific... or possibly due to track structure or something. I can send ya a project file to see if it opens on your system? It hasn't been consistent. Other projects open saved massive-x presets just fine. But it has appeared on the Now Dystopia patch in the pads section on the last two projects.

Additionally, the preset name shows something different when I open the project. The up/down arrows don't take you to the next preset and then back to your previous preset. I have tried replacing the plugin, re-saving, etc.

Still happens to me as well. Reloaded Massive X in my template after the update but keeps happening.

Edit: it actually also happens when I change to another track and back to Massive X again. Lot of times there’s no sound

I tried loading 4-5 random patches and saving them to separate projects, they all loaded fine, then I did my own patch from blank template and it also loaded fine.

I did notice if I left the track armed and tried playing some notes immediately after project loaded, I just got a sine wave output, but it was only 2-3 seconds then the patch loaded. Apparently some time is necessary to update the synth engine?

Nice, love the custom noise sound thingies!
Yes, this totally! I gave this a whirl recently and loaded up one of the hybrid guitar samples from Iris 2 and added a lovely rhythmic texture to a pad sound I'd come up previously. I've not even had a go at adding any sort of envelope/LFO/other parameters to the noise yet but I can see so much potential in this. Imagine loading up a couple of samples recorded from OACE or something similar then building your synth around those and how they interact and how they can be manipulated with the synth controls.

I have to say that I'm loving Massive X more and more as they develop it. It's a shame there's quite a few people out there on YouTube who really don't like it (there seems to be more dislikers than fans). For me though, it's the first synth that I've just naturally gelled with. I should link some of the patches I've been working on some time. Or better yet, use them in a few tracks :)

Top Bottom