What's new

Massive X is Out!

Fang

Ah, ok. Yes. The best satire is close enough to that which it is satirising to cause potential confusion to those not paying enough attention. Bravo
I was about to say the same thing until I read your comment, almost got trolled

JPQ

Which OS on the Mac? I have El Capitan on a late 2012 Imac, i5 Intel, 32gb Ram. Massive X shows as uninstalled on Native Access, but when I launch it, it fails due to OS "incompatibility". I also have AVX1.0.
i have 10.10.3 and i not going even test (is not supported os ersion even) i wait getting pc for music.

tomwolfe

Which OS on the Mac? I have El Capitan on a late 2012 Imac, i5 Intel, 32gb Ram. Massive X shows as uninstalled on Native Access, but when I launch it, it fails due to OS "incompatibility". I also have AVX1.0.
I've been running it on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro, which has AVX1.0, running 10.12.6. Haven't had any issues so far!

Buddy

Turns out running Massive X in KK is pretty slick. The macros that are already mapped to wavetable position/volume, filter cutoff/resonance and attack/release upon loading the init patch are ready to go on the 8 knobs of the keyboard. Huge timesaver. Can forgive the (hopefully) temporary absence of MIDI learn for making me notice this. I never use KK because loading instruments via the horrific tag cloud is so clunky, but will use it for this until MIDI learn is implemented.

Buddy

You can collapse the tag clouds and not use them, y'know :)
Yeah, thanks, I know. I guess being greeted by a messy, sensory overload that I have to close each time is just psychologically repelling to me. That it doesn't remember my choice and I have to close it each time also feels ridiculous.

Even once you get past the tag cloud, searching by instrument feels clumsy and restrictive--have to choose vendor or category sort, no choosing your own ordering, user stuff is inexplicably sorted separately from the rest. I get there is subjectivity here, but to me this feels like very bad design.

Here I was trying to say something nice about KK!

Top Bottom