Massive X is Out!

Mornats

Thanks for the interest Mornats.
I've had it for awhile and am experimenting. Whether it results in something commercially available, time will tell.
Designed some sounds among the factory presets, "Oceanic Storm" for example, should you want to have a listen.
Cool, I'll certainly have a listen to that any any others you did for it.

tomosane

"I bought Massive X and didn't realize it's not supported on Windows XP. Sure, it says so in the Specifications page, but I didn't read it. I mean come on, lots of people are still running XP offline? Right? Is NI ready to lose all Win XP users' business going forward?"

nordicguy

Well...you wanted NI to develop an non AVX version of the plugin. But doing so would have (probably) delayed the release and made the synth less efficient for everyone else. So...

I'm not qualified to get into the technical details, just trying to put the cold, hard business case forward. Sad though it might be.
I'd personally never ask for something that would add/mean limit to other users.
Was thinking about both AVX and none AVX requirement versions.
Some devs already provide this alternative (may be not a lot of them though).
Anyway, I also can pretty well understand that NI decided not going for such a scenario.

As a side note, may be we are nuts but that's what make us interesting...

Last edited:

thereus

"I bought Massive X and didn't realize it's not supported on Windows XP. Sure, it says so in the Specifications page, but I didn't read it. I mean come on, lots of people are still running XP offline? Right? Is NI ready to lose all Win XP users' business going forward?"
XP support ended more than 5 years ago. There are lots of reasons not to be doing that which are unrelated to Massive X.

thereus

8 years is plenty of time to wait before taking advantage of new features. It seems strange to me that those who have more recent machines that cannot be upgraded to such old processors are not blaming their system builder rather than their software suppliers.

Mornats

Waaaaaaaaay to early for me. I think RePro-1 had been out for nearly two years before I finally got round to making a soundset for it!

Though I did make this gritty, epic pad whilst having my first little play with it. :)

Yeah that's what I'm talking about! Can't wait for the rest in two years time :D

Mikael Adle

Bloody amazing patch, Mikael!

(Would you be kind to list some other patches you did?)
Good to hear. :thumbsup:

I'll scan through them at some point to check. NI renamed my presets so I'm not sure.
I learned about the specific preset "oceanic storm" as I recognized it when watching sonic state Nick Bat video at 22:22 he plays the preset probably using a MX pre-release. If you look close you'll see a different name "ocleitorm" which was my naming, hence I wanted to look it up.

Paul_P

Well I'm not a dumb person. And I didn't see it. and lots of other people didn't either.
I've just recently run into exactly the same situation with another product, Waves Flow Motion synth. I wondered why its UI didn't fit on my laptop screen and after extensive searching, found a mention that it requires a vertical screen resolution of 960 or more. My laptop is 800. Yes it says so in the specs (and only there) but I have almost 300 plugins and not a single one doesn't fit on my laptop screen. It never occured to me that this would be a problem when I bought the synth.

JPQ

my AVX related queston is related i trying get PC someday soon i want know how i can know if supports it or not or impossible get such without it today.

C.R. Rivera

Popper @ his favorite toy.
And my mac i checked has onky AVX1.0 it seems.
Which OS on the Mac? I have El Capitan on a late 2012 Imac, i5 Intel, 32gb Ram. Massive X shows as uninstalled on Native Access, but when I launch it, it fails due to OS "incompatibility". I also have AVX1.0.

Last edited:

Mornats

Thanks for the videos @pfmusic. The wavetable run-through at the end of the oscillators video was particularly useful for me. I found a few nice wavetable sounds in there and experimented some more with creating my own patches. I've chucked a small bunch on Dropbox if anyone wants to have a listen. As a bit of background I have pretty much zero experience in creating anything in synths. I'm a preset junkie usually but there's something about Massive X that just gels with me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33hbntfgj9oq5qs/Mornats Massive X Presets.zip?dl=0

pfmusic

Thanks for the videos @pfmusic. The wavetable run-through at the end of the oscillators video was particularly useful for me. I found a few nice wavetable sounds in there and experimented some more with creating my own patches. I've chucked a small bunch on Dropbox if anyone wants to have a listen. As a bit of background I have pretty much zero experience in creating anything in synths. I'm a preset junkie usually but there's something about Massive X that just gels with me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33hbntfgj9oq5qs/Mornats Massive X Presets.zip?dl=0
No problem, liked the videos too. Really enjoying playing around with Massive X too.

I'll check out your patches