What's new

Mass Routing in Reaper

Daniel Petras

It's possible in Reaper to route multiple tracks to a new channel at a time, however by default they all go to channels 1/2. Would anyone know if there is a way to route all these tracks at once to say 3/4, 5/6, etc. instead of having to change all channels individually?

d.healey

There might be a way - probably best to ask on the Reaper forum. My solution though would be to use a bus/folder track since what you are essentially wanting to do is bussing. So create a folder track and put all your others in there with their output set to 1/2 then change the output of your folder track to 3/4 or 5/6 etc.

OP
Daniel Petras

Daniel Petras

There might be a way - probably best to ask on the Reaper forum. My solution though would be to use a bus/folder track since what you are essentially wanting to do is bussing. So create a folder track and put all your others in there with their output set to 1/2 then change the output of your folder track to 3/4 or 5/6 etc.

Where I needed to use this concept was in putting compressors on several buses and side-chaining all the busses with a kick, or some low impact. It might get a little weird trying to bus those busses.

Top Bottom