What's new

Maleventum - War Horns - DEAL EXTENDED:33% Off + 50% Off other libraries

GiuseppeS+OS

Introducing MALEVENTUM - Epic Horns Stabs & Pads - Kontakt library

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: 33% OFF + 50% OFF Other libraries (ends December 31st)
Coupon for 33% OFF on Maleventum: SUBVENTUM33
Valid until January 31st 2021

https://silenceandothersounds.com/products/maleventum

TRAILER:

Maleventum is a Kontakt library inspired by medieval and Viking horns. We have committed to a deep research in the cinematic sound of epic war horns from ancient nordic and celtic cultures, from the carnyx to gjallahorn and bukkehorn (goat horn). We’ve recorded a huge amount of original medieval horn instruments, classical orchestral trombone and tuba, traditional flutes, horn instruments from the pastoral tradition across Europe and even self built blowing horns and pipes. All of them have been processed and layered to create a collection of epic braams, hunt horn calls, war horns, low tone brass sounds, high pitched screaming trumpets, animal-esque wailing sounds and much else.

Maleventum is composed of 2 different instruments:
– a playable, MPE compatible Kontakt instrument with over 100 snapshots and 58 MPE Multis, that combines up to 4 layers of horns, flutes and rare bagpipe sounds and textures. The Horns & Flutes instrument really shines when creating evoking, mystical and intimate tonal textures.
If you own a Roli Seaboard, Maleventum has been scripted to create evolving, rich hybrid pads by blending the layers and simultaneously controlling a vast amount of parameters at your fingertips. Maleventum can be also used in standard MIDI and it’s compatible with any midi controller.
– a Kontakt sampler of 260+ one-shots sounds (.WAV 96 kHz 24 bit) based on epic cinematic horns, tuned braams, war horns, viking horn calls, nordic hunt horns, dissonant trumpets, creature-reminiscent eerie horn tones, loud aggressive stabs, brass staccatos, long evocative tones, battle horn calls. With the intuitive GUI, you can individually manipulate each sample, combine multiple sounds and obtain your own bombastic war horn stabs and viking braams.

SOUNDS WALKTHROUGH

AUDIO DEMOS

Last edited:

KarlHeinz

This is definitely something very, very special !

I must admit that I was skeptic cause the usual main theme of their libraries ("horror") is kind of the opposite of what I am trying to do mostly (ambient, meditation, silent, peaceful). So I was sure, to begin, I wont need the 50 % for the other libs, so......

Then I thought: ah, one shots, another thing I wont need.....

But the walkthrough just caught me with the pads, they are so different, unique and impressive, the GUI and the scripting behind it seem to be excellent too, I just had to get my hands on this.

And I am more then happy I did :) . If you look into the instrument list of the rare instruments they recorded for this the only other thing that come to my mind in this corner is really the stuff from Eduardo. But the concept is very different and even if I have not tried so far I am absolutely sure that this library will work together perfectly with something like Dark ERA (or the medieval stuff).

What I have to admit: I dont have used (and dont have) MPE controller or anything, just used the lib with some automation and it still sounds absolutely brilliant, mystic, unique.

Really glad I got one before they are sold out ;).

And even the one shots I was sure I wont use at all are so brilliantly skripted (for example with a simple "one knob to tune them all" to avoid all this keyswitching just to stay in tune with your song that I absolutely hate, simple +2/-2 octave slider and.....) and with the included convolution I am sure to use for some additional effects.

This is, besides The unfolding sun, really so far the most interesting, unique and remarkable unexpected library of the year for me.

And what I have to mention: absolutely great support :thumbsup:

jcrosby

Introducing MALEVENTUM - Epic Horns Stabs & Pads - Kontakt library

INTRO DEAL: 39 $/€ + 50% OFF ANYTHING (ends October 31st)
https://silenceandothersounds.com/products/maleventum

TRAILER:

Maleventum is a Kontakt library inspired by medieval and Viking horns. We have committed to a deep research in the cinematic sound of epic war horns from ancient nordic and celtic cultures, from the carnyx to gjallahorn and bukkehorn (goat horn). We’ve recorded a huge amount of original medieval horn instruments, classical orchestral trombone and tuba, traditional flutes, horn instruments from the pastoral tradition across Europe and even self built blowing horns and pipes. All of them have been processed and layered to create a collection of epic braams, hunt horn calls, war horns, low tone brass sounds, high pitched screaming trumpets, animal-esque wailing sounds and much else.

Maleventum is composed of 2 different instruments:
– a playable, MPE compatible Kontakt instrument with over 100 snapshots and 58 MPE Multis, that combines up to 4 layers of horns, flutes and rare bagpipe sounds and textures. The Horns & Flutes instrument really shines when creating evoking, mystical and intimate tonal textures.
If you own a Roli Seaboard, Maleventum has been scripted to create evolving, rich hybrid pads by blending the layers and simultaneously controlling a vast amount of parameters at your fingertips. Maleventum can be also used in standard MIDI and it’s compatible with any midi controller.
– a Kontakt sampler of 260+ one-shots sounds (.WAV 96 kHz 24 bit) based on epic cinematic horns, tuned braams, war horns, viking horn calls, nordic hunt horns, dissonant trumpets, creature-reminiscent eerie horn tones, loud aggressive stabs, brass staccatos, long evocative tones, battle horn calls. With the intuitive GUI, you can individually manipulate each sample, combine multiple sounds and obtain your own bombastic war horn stabs and viking braams.

SOUNDS WALKTHROUGH

AUDIO DEMOS
Are the one shots by any chance the raw source recordings like in stringache? These have proven to be one of my favorite features since it makes the library super versatile... Basically on top of some cool kontakt patches you get a big lump of clay you can re-mold in other samplers or in the DAW.

OP
GiuseppeS+OS

GiuseppeS+OS

Are the one shots by any chance the raw source recordings like in stringache? These have proven to be one of my favorite features since it makes the library super versatile... Basically on top of some cool kontakt patches you get a big lump of clay you can re-mold in other samplers or in the DAW.
Hi Justin, nice to hear from you 🙂 well there isn't a specific raw file folder like in Stringache, but some of the sounds (especially the piercing trumpets) are basically the original recs with minimal processing. The big Viking horns required more layering to get that bigger than life sound, but also the hunt signals are pretty much a raw sound without too much design 🙂

OP
GiuseppeS+OS

GiuseppeS+OS

This is definitely something very, very special !

I must admit that I was skeptic cause the usual main theme of their libraries ("horror") is kind of the opposite of what I am trying to do mostly (ambient, meditation, silent, peaceful). So I was sure, to begin, I wont need the 50 % for the other libs, so......

Then I thought: ah, one shots, another thing I wont need.....

But the walkthrough just caught me with the pads, they are so different, unique and impressive, the GUI and the scripting behind it seem to be excellent too, I just had to get my hands on this.

And I am more then happy I did :) . If you look into the instrument list of the rare instruments they recorded for this the only other thing that come to my mind in this corner is really the stuff from Eduardo. But the concept is very different and even if I have not tried so far I am absolutely sure that this library will work together perfectly with something like Dark ERA (or the medieval stuff).

What I have to admit: I dont have used (and dont have) MPE controller or anything, just used the lib with some automation and it still sounds absolutely brilliant, mystic, unique.

Really glad I got one before they are sold out ;).

And even the one shots I was sure I wont use at all are so brilliantly skripted (for example with a simple "one knob to tune them all" to avoid all this keyswitching just to stay in tune with your song that I absolutely hate, simple +2/-2 octave slider and.....) and with the included convolution I am sure to use for some additional effects.

This is, besides The unfolding sun, really so far the most interesting, unique and remarkable unexpected library of the year for me.

And what I have to mention: absolutely great support :thumbsup:
Wow, that's so humbling!
Thank you very much man, so glad of your nice words, I really appreciate! 🙏🙏

OP
GiuseppeS+OS

GiuseppeS+OS

A detailed walkthrough of the Horns & Flutes pads module in Maleventum. You will find specific sections about mapping, working with MPE and also how to map Maleventum in standard MIDI (just use the time marks in the description
🙂
)

Top Bottom