What's new

Make ensembles in EWQL Hollywood Woodwinds Gold

TRON 1.0

Hi y'all.

I assembled a template from Composer Cloud Gold stuff and am recreating a Williams' theme. And I'm curious whether it's possible to fiddle somehow with EW HOW solo instruments to make ensembles a2. Options:

1) Double the track and play with panning. I'm afraid this may screw up the seating and cause phase problems.
2) Ditch HOW and replace them with EWQLSO. Different built-in reverb makes the winds feel a lil bit off.

Are there any other ways to create winds ensembles from solo stuff? Thanks!

soter75

Hi!
Besides waiting for opus to come out :)
You can use the old transposition trick for single lines dubbed between two tracks, or play multi-part lines directly in the (A1) instrument. These are compromises for sure.
Best regards!

Last edited:
OP
TRON 1.0

TRON 1.0

You can use the old transposition trick for single lines dubbed between two tracks
Yeah, I need a line played in unison. I believe this trick is what I’m after. Could you explain it in more detail? I’m just a padawan yet😊

José Herring

Try to use your better woodwind library just slightly louder than another library. So the second part just supports the first part. See if that works.

soter75

.. And I'm a new librarynerd :)
Transpose the instrument from Play by a semitone and re-transpose to the original pitch from the general MIDI parameters in the DAW.. this is the second woodwind instrument of the ensemble.
You can also transpose one instrument one semitone below and another instrument one semitone above to obtain an A3 enemble.
Kind regards!

Last edited:

soter75

.. of course.. and you can also use the reverb in Play called S. CAL. HALL for the EWHO instruments to naturally combine with the instruments of EWQL SO and the natural space of this older (but IMHO unique) library..

Top Bottom