What's new

Main theme for a fantasy film project

Klingsor

Hi there,

I spent the last days working on this little tune...

...a somewhat rhythmically driven (almost march-like) medieval/fantasy theme soundtrack theme. It's build upon a (hopefully) heroic melody and is intended to accompany the travel montage of a fantasy epic (game/film). If you have some handy tips, especially concerning the mix, please do not hesitate to share your insights. :)

Best regards

Dustin

Last edited:
nice piece @Klingsor I can hear the horns a little over bearing and the low end would be nice to hear what is being used for the low end instead of feeling the low end if that makes sense, but great work.

Thanks, novaburst. Really appreciate the feedback. :) I think I'll use a high-pass filter on the horns and pimp up the low end a bit for a revised version.

Since I wasn't entirely satisfied with the MIDI-based recording of my orchestral version I transcribed it for solo piano. I tried to stay as true as possible to the original orchestral version, especially in keeping the bass ostinato as well as the off-beat fills for pizzicato strings beneath the melody vocings. Maybe one or two of you here find it interesting to watch all the different voices in action. Hope you'll enjoy.

Top Bottom