What's new

Macos 10.15 users... PercX performance, stability, etc?

jcrosby

I don't have PercX but it looks super appealing. The sound and features have me convinced it's the perfect tool for the job, if this were a Kontakt library I wouldn't flinch... Unfortunately Auddict have a somewhat notoriously terrible support track record. (At least in regards to Hexeract...) Given that this is its own plugin I can' help but have the same concerns.

So...

1. I'm wondering how mac users on Catalina 10.15.7 or later are getting on with PercX in general...

2. How is it on CPU? It has a lot of features packed into one plugin so my assumption is it's a bit on the heavier side... Basically is a single instance capable of taking out an entire CPU thread relatively easily?

PercX seems fine for me since I got it a while back. I'm running it on Big Sur now.

As for CPU, I hadn't noticed any real issue. I loaded it up just now with a full 8-drum patch and held down C2, and it barely causes one core to budge (running in this case merely on a 2017 iMac with an i7. I suspect it'd run fine on a Macbook Pro too.

I recently learned it was built on HISE, and frankly, it's pretty remarkable what they were able to do with it. Its UI would have been a total bear to code in Kontakt, I think, and it makes great use of the screen real estate (and UI zoom!). A bit of a learning curve to go past the very basics, but I find it really rewarding to play around with, as someone who lacks good drum-programming chops.

Nice! That's awesome to hear, and even more awesome that it's working well in Big Sur. Still on 10.15, but whenever I need to make the jump to it it's reassuring knowing it works.... Also great to hear about CPU use. Running an i9 MBP as one of my two machine (the one I'd be more concerned about).. Sounds like it'll run smooth as butter on it..

Curious if you own Strikeforce and/or LAMP?
This basically looks to be kind of like the perfect middle ground between both sonically.
(But with way more power...)

BTW, yeah also saw that it's HISE. Pretty cool. Also gives me a little hope in case NI take start taking Kontakt in a weird direction once the new overlords start moving chess pieces around...
Cheers.

I tried to find a relevant PercX post to comment:
there seems big issues with PercX what comes to the customer service and forums as well as the plugin itself. Many users (at least in other forums over the web) experience dropouts and errors using the tool and I have myself waited over a week for a reply from the customer service for the issue without response. I have had PercX over 6 months but now after version update and changing computer I am not able to use it as it wont work at all. Tried to reinstall multiple times with same outcome.

Are there anybody else facing same issues? I believe they still sell the products but the support is bad.

/D

Top Bottom