What's new

Lyrical Violin Phrases by Sonuscore - Thoughts?

ScoreFace

Hey there,

I'm thinking about purchasing the Lyrical Violin Phrases, as long as it is on sale. The Trailer sounds absolutely marvelous - I have searched for such emotional solo performances since long time, to get a kind of ancient Game of Thrones vibe into atmospheric tracks or for highly emotional scenes. There seem to be lots of different phrases plus a legato patch to combine with.

My question is, does it work in context - can you use these phrases in a kind of flexible way in your tracks? Are all phrases in there really cinematic as they are in the trailer? Does someone use the similar working products of Sonuscore, Lyrical Cello Phrases, or Vocal Phrases and can tell me if they are good to work with, in cinematic context?

I would love to have a tool with ancient and cinematic sounding solo instrument phrases to implement into my tracks. I bought 8Dio Solo Studio Violin years ago and it was a big disappointment, as they just let the classical violin player perform a few classical music pieces and cut them into slices. No flexibility, no different keys, I never used it, epic fail:D.

So before buying Lyrical Violin Phrases, it would like to get sure that this one is really created for purely cinematic purposes, like made for use in all keys and with the great cinematic style in all phrases.

I still hope I get a little bit of info here, as the sale is only 48 hours now - I asked the Sonuscore guys as well, if the phrases come in all 12 keys, which would be a good sign to me that it really is a versatile product that I can use in different settings.

And I wonder if they have different styles with the phrases, like Game of Thrones ambient violin, medieval stuff or adventure even ethnic scales?

I still hope I get a little bit of info here, as the sale is only 48 hours now - I asked the Sonuscore guys as well, if the phrases come in all 12 keys, which would be a good sign to me that it really is a versatile product that I can use in different settings.

And I wonder if they have different styles with the phrases, like Game of Thrones ambient violin, medieval stuff or adventure even ethnic scales?

If you are interested to get to know a little bit more about the library I can suggest this walkthrough for you:

The phrases are playable in all 12 keys. We have recorded Themes/Phrases in a lot different scales used in modern cinematic music: minor, major, dorian, lydian and ethnic.
The general approach was to create a cinematic violin with playing techniques we know and love from shows like Game Of Thrones.
This is not a classical solo violin, just to make that clear.

I hope this is helpful :)

If you are interested to get to know a little bit more about the library I can suggest this walkthrough for you:

The phrases are playable in all 12 keys. We have recorded Themes/Phrases in a lot different scales used in modern cinematic music: minor, major, dorian, lydian and ethnic.
The general approach was to create a cinematic violin with playing techniques we know and love from shows like Game Of Thrones.
This is not a classical solo violin, just to make that clear.

I hope this is helpful :)

It is indeed! Having different Scales ist great, and "create a cinematic violin with playing techniques we know and love from shows like Game Of Thrones" did it for me - I just bought the lib and am already downloading...really looking forward to play these phrases.

I know this is an old thread but here is my walkthrough and demo

Top Bottom