What's new

LX480?

Maybe a useful suggestion, maybe not- Michael Carnes, who worked at Lexicon for 25 years, made the Exponential Audio reverbs. To me, they're basically the next step for the Lexicon sound, and they're frequently on sale from Izotope for very, very low. I would demo them to see if they fit your workflow and if they do, wait for a sale. The name scheme is a bit annoying, but R4 is what you want.

Maybe a useful suggestion, maybe not- Michael Carnes, who worked at Lexicon for 25 years, made the Exponential Audio reverbs. To me, they're basically the next step for the Lexicon sound, and they're frequently on sale from Izotope for very, very low. I would demo them to see if they fit your workflow and if they do, wait for a sale. The name scheme is a bit annoying, but R4 is what you want.
R4 and/or Nimbus. The Relab emulation is also very very good.

But... the $50 Valhalla Vintage Verb is definitely a reverb highlight in this same realm as well - and may even be the sweetspot imho

The LX480 is superb and I have both the elements and the complete. Is it worth it? For me yes as I have the money, but if you're trying to get some value for the money you can get both one of the suggestions above plus Seventh Heaven standard. That would be much more reverb for the money. So depends on what you have and what your budget is.

R4 and/or Nimbus. The Relab emulation is also very very good.

But... the $50 Valhalla Vintage Verb is definitely a reverb highlight in this same realm as well - and may even be the sweetspot imho
I think Nimbus is more for natural world reverbs. I think R4 (as you mentioned) or R2 (less tweaking parameters than R4) are the ones with the emulation of digital and Plate reverbs. I could be wrong.

I received LX480 Essentials for free from Relab because I'd purchased SonsigA previously. I must say that it's excellent. I don't know that I'd pay $99 for Essentials, but even the sale price of $35 they had would've been worth it. I don't know that I'd need the full product, given the other reverbs/IRs I have. Maybe some day.

I got the full LX480 and love it. But since i never owned or used the hardware, i had to write explanations for all the non-self-explanatory parameters on a paper to understand it without having to look in the manual too much.

Top Bottom