What's new

Lua resources for UVI Falcon scripting

Yep, drag/drop works just fine. Thank you. It is quite easy to add and rearrange macro knobs.

What is this control? Where is it added from? Sorry, I am so new to Falcon, still nibbling it away from the edges. I really must properly RTFM.
1634854944012.png

Yep, drag/drop works just fine. Thank you. It is quite easy to add and rearrange macro knobs.

What is this control? Where is it added from? Sorry, I am so new to Falcon, still nibbling it away from the edges. I really must properly RTFM.
1634854944012.png
assign an on/off parameter to a new macro, I usually set it to a button in the macro section of the main view but as Olivier says you also have access to the setting in the Tree view if you turn on display of Modulators with the Show Modulation Nodes icon next to the little musical notes icon near the top of the left panel. Here are the two locations:

Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 10.15.55.png Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 10.16.26.png

btw for some things that seem absent from the manual there are some extra tips and info generously from Simon Stockhausen in his site/forum: https://falcontinuum.com/

720x480 png is indeed the correct format to avoid stretching

BACKGROUND IMAGE: It saves the image in EVERY FOLDER when saving a preset with samples! How to stop this? If I have 100 presets, I have 100 copies of the same image!

BACKGROUND IMAGE: It saves the image in EVERY FOLDER when saving a preset with samples! How to stop this? If I have 100 presets, I have 100 copies of the same image!
I'm sure there is a better way. The manual says this:
1635109437208.png

Judging by some of the factory presets (Pure Additive 2.0 folder), I think the UI built within the Event Scripts can also be linked to the Info panel. I cant figure out how.. :-(

I think there must be a template script to display an image, so it links to one single image. Does anyone know about this?

Attachments

• monoBassLine.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 23
You should spend some time studying those:

The most comprehensive one is the "MonoBassLine", but it requires a patch that's not included in that page.
Find it attached.
@digitallysane Thanks so much. This patch + the script explains a lot.

@New_Loops the function to map custom UI from the Events Panel Scripts to the Info Panel is makePerformanceView(). Now, you can load a background image from a script like so:

setBackground("./grunge.jpg") makePerformanceView()

@otristan posted a UI example here with custom control: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/lua-resources-for-uvi-falcon-scripting.93509/post-4933381, I found it very useful.

Thanks, but I still can't work out how/where to put this. I am a sound designer, not a coder. I've been trying to do this for 4 or 5 days. I've tried on 2 forums and UVI support which is taking ages to get back to me. I have a background image saved with each preset but it saves a copy with EACH preset. I need to know how to add ONE SINGLE IMAGE that all the presets in a sound bank will see. I have the image in the sound bank folder, but when I "save program and samples" the image is saved with the samples. If I remove that image I then get errors loading the patch! It's actually incredibly frustrating. :(

Thanks, but I still can't work out how/where to put this. I am a sound designer, not a coder.[...]It's actually incredibly frustrating. :(
You still have to learn to do it, if you want to actually do it.
You can't get it done by others, step by step, via forums.

The UVI help site is actually reasonable, even if it could be better. You do need to spend some time, read about the clasess, methods, check the examples, modify them and understand what's happening.
Or, hire a coder.

Top Bottom