What's new

Loss of Kontakt 5 when upgrading to Cubase 10.5.20

JonBourne

Technical issue I’m hoping someone can help me with: I’ve upgraded from Cubase 10.5.0 to 10.5.20 which seems more stable for OS10.14 but Kontakt 5 has disappeared as a VST . Seems to be blacklisted. Any ideas / help would be much appreciated

Jon

OMG (maybe)- I am about to upgrade from CB Pro 8.5 and from Kontakt 5. What is this "blacklisted" thingie ? Is it possible if I upgrade I will not be able to ever again use Kontakt 5, or is it merely a (simple ?) bit flip somewhere I've got to do to re-enable K5 ? I HATE IT when something breaks from a "new and improved" upgrade when my prior system was working just fine. "When it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems somewhat rational.

OMG (maybe)- I am about to upgrade from CB Pro 8.5 and from Kontakt 5. What is this "blacklisted" thingie ? Is it possible if I upgrade I will not be able to ever again use Kontakt 5, or is it merely a (simple ?) bit flip somewhere I've got to do to re-enable K5 ? I HATE IT when something breaks from a "new and improved" upgrade when my prior system was working just fine. "When it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems somewhat rational.
The blacklisted thing I believe is to do with 32bit vs 64 bit VSTs hopefully someone can explain more. As I said, it worked with Cubase 10.5 but no luck so far with the upgrade 10.5.20

According the error 32bit . But it’s weird it was fine with 10.5.0 and has gone for 10.5.20
Hi Jon,
I meant what version number is Kontakt (5.xxx). Its likely that you might not be on the latest version of K5 which should be 64-bit. Since Mac OS has been phasing out 32-bit, so have applications like our DAWs in order to stay compatible.

-Jonathan

How would I re add the installation path?
If you click “plugin information” in the devices menu, you can add the path into a box on one of the tabs.
You can also see if Kontakt is blacklisted or not, and remove it if it is.
If I remember right, the blacklist is basically a database of plugins on your system that aren’t compatible or that cause problems. It tells Cubase to ignore them, basically. Sometimes plugins might end up on there if they malfunction.

Top Bottom