Looking for this brass sforzand'oh(!), any ideas?

Hey everybody,

Does anybody know where I can find this type of brass stab/hit/sting sforzando/staccato (at the end of the track). I only need two :emoji_laughing:.
Looked around in my libraries, but go figure - not a sting in sight.

Other than that, things are looking pretty good, so it would definitely make my day.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Bluemount Score

Hit / Stab is probably the wrong term... this is rather a (short) sforzando or (long) staccato :)
You are looking for a huge (mainly) trombone fff sound. Maybe check 8DIOs 66 trombone ensemble. Otherwise libraries like Ark 1 or even CSB could potentially create something similar with more editing and layering. The sound is very wide and across the whole stage. It feels like there are many instruments on the right but on the left as well. Reverb plays a big role as well to achieve that sound.

BenG

The video won't load for me, but from the description I assume Symphobia would handle Rhein pretty well.

OP
quickbrownf0x

quickbrownf0x

Hit / Stab is probably the wrong term... this is rather a (short) sforzando or (long) staccato :)
You are looking for a huge (mainly) trombone fff sound. Maybe check 8DIOs 66 trombone ensemble. Otherwise libraries like Ark 1 or even CSB could potentially create something similar with more editing and layering. The sound is very wide and across the whole stage. It feels like there are many instruments on the right but on the left as well. Reverb plays a big role as well to achieve that sound.
Well, I just checked CSB and SSB (Pro) - those one's are out, I think. SSB had some kind of sforzando, but it didn't do much other than make me laugh. It wasn't even close. :rofl:

But you know - tomorrow's another day. I'm about to pass out on my keyboard. Thanks for the suggestions. Catch you guys later.

OP
quickbrownf0x

quickbrownf0x

perhaps a bit shorter (TM can help)
Hey, this sounds great! TM(?). You have to excuse me - I just got back into the composing game, since my conservatory days (half of those I spent hung over, to be honest), which is about 15 years ago. So I'm VERY rusty. Got a lot of catching up to do. Having a blast, though.

OP
quickbrownf0x

quickbrownf0x

Time Machine

Kontakt's sample stretching engine/mode
Ah, cool - got it. Well, for the time being I kind of stole your example clip, put it in and boom - worked like a charm. Hope you don't mind. :dancer:So thanks!I'll make sure to mention and thank you when I upload it later. ;)

I'll have look at Time Machine.

OP
quickbrownf0x

quickbrownf0x

if by SSB you mean Spitfire Symphonic Brass, there are TM patches on Advanced\Other Patches

of course I mind!

no one should use lossy files, check your inbox for wav files :alien:
Ha! Yeah, well I figured it's just for a short effect, buried in a shit-ton of reverb so good enough for me. But hey, that's awesome! Thanks!

Unfortunately I only have Spitfire Studio Brass, combined with Cinematic Studio Brass at the moment. :)
Symphony Orchestra and/or BBCSO (not sure which yet) are in the works, but if I'd buy those now I'd definitely be sleeping on the couch for at least a month. And I'm told shoes are also important.

:dancer:

Last edited:

Guffy

Sounds just like a powerful staccato with a big tail. Instead of adding a shit ton of reverb you should try upwards compression. That's when the magic happens!

The monster low brass in Cinebrass Pro could pull off that.

Last edited:
OP
quickbrownf0x

quickbrownf0x

Sounds just like a powerful staccato with a big tail. Instead of adding a shit ton of reverb you should try upwards compression. That's when the magic happens!
Hey Guffy, thanks for the tip. Yeah, I can see where that makes sense, cool :emoji_thumbsup:

If you want to check out what I ended up with, here you go. (it's in the last, like 4 bars)

Cheers!