What's new

Looking for some criticism on a soundtrack (beginnner)

Nougat

Hey guys!

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right subforum to post this, to be honest.

I've recently finished an orchestral track that I think indicates my current level of ability pretty well and I would very much appreciate it if some of you would take the time to listen to it and provide a bit of feedback!
I'll gladly take any kind of criticism, so please don't hold back!

Thanks for your time!

- Nougat

This is promising. Well done. Maybe strategically bringing some parts into closer focus (less reverb) would help.
Thank you so much! I have never actually thought about utilizing reverb that way - I'll try and mess around a bit and see if I can learn to implement it!

If you want a more symphonic sound, then the reverb works fine, although definitely its on the big hall / distant side of the scale currently. It's personal taste though.

There were some moments where I thought there could be more movement. So at 1:00, bring in some very soft trem high strings. And from 1:50 have strings play either a backing rythm or woods play some arpeggios, to fill in the canvas a bit.

If you want a more symphonic sound, then the reverb works fine, although definitely its on the big hall / distant side of the scale currently. It's personal taste though.

There were some moments where I thought there could be more movement. So at 1:00, bring in some very soft trem high strings. And from 1:50 have strings play either a backing rythm or woods play some arpeggios, to fill in the canvas a bit.

I actually struggled with this exact issue quite a bit, as I also felt a lack of movement yet was unable to figure out how to go about adding more of it, so this is very useful advice for me. Thank you!

Top Bottom