What's new

Looking for great atmospheres - Does Xosphere 2 is an option to consider?

...And, compared to something like Lunaris or Dronar for example with its 4 soundsources and all that modulation possibilities and effects it still is useable even on my old PC with only 8 GB RAM and does not take to much ressources...

Thanks for the comparisons. I actually forget that I have the Dronar Live Strings and Brass modules, because Dronar is one of the very rare libraries I can't make work on my aging i7 2600 32 GB machine without massive audio dropouts. When I build a new PC (probably in 2020) I can give those another go...

...I wish devs would say exactly how long a sale will last, though I get why they don't. "For the next few days" is a bit vague, but I plan to watch and listen some more and I may purchase Xosphere 2 this evening. I dunno. Tempted.

Quasar:

- I dont know if you have looked on the other thread(s?), if you have reward money on audio plugin deals might be worth a look to buy a samplelogic gift certificate over there with using your reward money, even if it sound a little bit complicated but brought it down for me in the end to 60 bucks
- just fumbling around with my first preset after inserting it in an already sketched track, it is so goddamn easy adapting the included presets to your own needs, really impressed. And I have not even touched the master or the randomn options

I would really recommend the "in depht" video by reuben in the other track, tells you in 15 minutes all you have to know about it and a perfect starting tutorial.

Quasar:

- I dont know if you have looked on the other thread(s?), if you have reward money on audio plugin deals might be worth a look to buy a samplelogic gift certificate over there with using your reward money, even if it sound a little bit complicated but brought it down for me in the end to 60 bucks
- just fumbling around with my first preset after inserting it in an already sketched track, it is so goddamn easy adapting the included presets to your own needs, really impressed. And I have not even touched the master or the randomn options

I would really recommend the "in depht" video by reuben in the other track, tells you in 15 minutes all you have to know about it and a perfect starting tutorial.
Cool, glad your first impressions are positive. I do have APD rewards points, and will look into it thanks!

One more question, if you don't mind: Does the resource consumption seem more akin to Xosphere 1, as you mentioned, or is it more like Dronar? IOW does it seem efficient enough to run at low RTL on any DAW computer that can run most Kontakt libraries without issue?

Thanks again.

Hi Quasar,

its just a first impression but ressource consumption is definitely nearer to Xosphere 1 then Dronar. You can load a preset, work on it, play it and if you reduce the voices a bit and split the incoming notes a bit you can really work with it. I must say I am a big fan of Dronar from the idea but even with the improved Master edition am not able to really use it on my old PC. Xosphere 2 is just useable instantly.

Maybe a little addition: on the track where I replaced a multi with different kontakt libs on different channels with Xosphere 2 set to omni I have a midi sequencer (Chordpotion) sequencing the incoming chords from the midi track to different midi channels on the same track. So there are really lot of notes coming in. I would not even be able to play back these amount of incoming notes with Dronar not to talk about working with it in any way.

I found that walkthrough painfully long and unfocused (more focused on the contest and livestream).

That’s probably because it was a livestream with live questions / answers and a contest. So you’ve hit the nail on the head. Well done.

Quasar:

Darn you Karl! Your advice got the better of me and I just purchased it! :) I can attest that it's $60USD with buying a SL gift card with rewards cash. Couldn't pass up that deal. Can't wait to try it out!

If you have Audioplugin.deals rewards, you can pick it up for $59.99
I'm not sure i understand.
From my audio plugin deals account i see i can get a $50 gift card for samplelogic.
But this is what the APD say about it:
"This gift certificate gives you a one time $50 discount off any item on Sample Logic website. Please note you cannot use multiple gift certificates together at checkout from their website. Gift certificates may also not be used in combination with other promos."

So before i pull the trigger and buy the gift certificate, i just want to make sure if i can use all the $50 the gift certificate can give me or will i throw away $30 out of the $50.

So before i pull the trigger and buy the gift certificate, i just want to make sure if i can use all the $50 the gift certificate can give me or will i throw away $30 out of the $50.

I saw that too, but it still worked for me and from what it seems, for many others as well. So I think you’re good to go! :thumbsup:

I saw that too, but it still worked for me and from what it seems, for many others as well. So I think you’re good to go! :thumbsup:
So...
The idea is to pay $30 for the $50 gift certificate. Then buy Xosphere with a $50 discount and pay $29.99 - and together with the $30 you paid for the gift certificate the total sum amounts to $59.99?

I picked this up - pretty cool! But can't seem to figure out why the sound manipulation pad in the middle doesn't record the movement into Logic as I hold a note and move the cursor with my mouse?

I picked this up - pretty cool! But can't seem to figure out why the sound manipulation pad in the middle doesn't record the movement into Logic as I hold a note and move the cursor with my mouse?
Using Reaper, it doesn't seem to record as MIDI. As far as I can tell no MIDI CC data is input from the xy pad. What it does have is the record function so you can record the movements.

Recording directly to audio should work fine. At least it does in my setup.

As far as I can tell no MIDI CC data is input from the xy pad. What it does have is the record function so you can record the movements
;) I just asked pendle for exactly THIS (recording function) for his new strings library but he refused and pointed to the midi cc recording function in my daw.....so different are the workflows and needs, I just HATE to do this recording in my daw and love to be able to do it inside the lib.....

Just bought this and I like Xosphere 1 better. This is still pretty cool though! I think I just need some time with it to play around. Is there no Kontakt library tab or .nicnt file???? Every other library from Sample Logic has one or am I overlooking something?

Top Bottom