What's new

Looking for great atmospheres - Does Xosphere 2 is an option to consider?

Trusong

I saw the release of Xosphere 2 from Sample Logic this week. After watching some videos, walkthroughs and reviews, it does look great.

However, I’d like to get some honest opinions from actual buyers of the library before I make up my mind. Thanks for your help.

If I get Xosphere 2, would Xosphere (original) be redundant or still worth getting? Asking because Sample Logic is offering a bundle deal for both of them (US $399). Thanks!

Different engines yep. Omnisphere is better than Xospheres. You can tell they were even trying to make it similar to Omnisphere based on the name even but it's nowhere near the flexibility you get with Omnisphere

Many libraries aren’t. Omnisphere is in a league of its own, but so are SampleLogic libraries like Xosphere and Xosphere 2. The way they allow you to blend four parts into one is quite unique. Do you have Xosphere or Xosphere 2, mouse?

I have xosphere 1. There's quite a number of Kontakt libs that let you blend four layers like the Xospheres

As easily as Xosphere? Would be great to know, mouse. Which ones do you think of in the athmospheric realm?

If I get Xosphere 2, would Xosphere (original) be redundant or still worth getting? Asking because Sample Logic is offering a bundle deal for both of them (US $399). Thanks!
I'm also considering getting the bundle, seems like great value. When it's an upgrade, they discontinue the previous product, so this time it must be 2 different products.

Was going to say Omni2 and Zebra2 are both capable of amaaaaazing evolving atmospheres and complexity. I don’t however have Xosphere 1 or 2 so can’t really comment on it or compare. Is it worth looking at String Audio’s Dark Matter as well, if you want to head down the Kontakt path? I don’t really know if they compare, It’s just something on my “list” despite already having O2 and Z2.

I got and continue to get my atmospheric inspiration out of Xosphere, more than Omnisphere 2 which I use as a preset player combined with Keyscape. Xosphere 2 was a must-have for me as I’m deeply into this kind of elaborate and unique soundscaping.

In case anyone is still on the fence about XOSPHERE 2 before the promotion period expires... I just did an hour and a half of live-streaming (and giveaways) on the Samplecast site HERE

Also... the Samplecat makes a special guest appearance.

As easily as Xosphere? Would be great to know, mouse. Which ones do you think of in the athmospheric realm?
Since you got no reply from mouse, I guess the cat’s out of the bag and there is no other Kontakt libraries that can compare to this one.

I’ll have to check out the Samplecast livestream to make up my mind.

I guess the cat’s out of the bag and there is no other Kontakt libraries that can compare to this one. I’ll have to check out the Samplecast livestream to make up my mind.

What an odd thing to say...Well seeing as how people keep asking, here are some alternative "atmosphere" libraries that "can compare to this one".

Omnisphere: https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/omnisphere. If you think its just a "preset player", then you're really limiting yourself. Go buy one of the thousands or preset packs for tens of thousands of atmospheres or make your own sounds, load them into it and create your own unique patches from scratch.
Zebra 2: https://u-he.com/products/zebra2. An absolute beast and can do pretty much anything.

A range of options in Kontakt for "atmosphere creator" libraries:

Check Also ETHERA EVI 2.0 and ETHERA SOUNDSCAPES 2.0 , Much more than a Great Vocal Library.

Textures, Pads, Evolving & Organic Sounds, etc etc.... with a nice control on the sound...

Bye !

( I remind you that I am the developer :) )

Ste

Last edited:
Was going to say Omni2 and Zebra2 are both capable of amaaaaazing evolving atmospheres and complexity. I don’t however have Xosphere 1 or 2 so can’t really comment on it or compare. Is it worth looking at String Audio’s Dark Matter as well, if you want to head down the Kontakt path? I don’t really know if they compare, It’s just something on my “list” despite already having O2 and Z2.

Bumping this thread because Xosphere 2 is currently on deep sale, and don't wish to crash the Commercial Announcements thread ... I also have Omnisphere & Zebra, and lack any clear sense of how redundant this would be. I admit that part of the attraction is an out-of-the-box polish (reminds me of Heavyocity stuff in this regard) and ease of use because my synth programming skills are absolutely terrible.

It does sound very good, and might be a perfect addition for creating ambient backdrop "space" music for voiceovers, which I do sometimes. So part of me wants this at the sale price, and the other part of me thinks I should just get better at creating sounds with what I already have.

Does anyone using Xosphere/Xosphere 2 have thoughts in 2019?

Xosphere2 definitely is one of my most loved Kontakt libraries. Quite prefer it to “Xosphere the original” as the second serving is even more ambient in scope. And very easy-to-use indeed.

Xosphere 1 was my first "high prize" kontakt lib (even at sales prize, I think I got it over NI sale for 50 % some years ago) and I must admit I bought lots of libs after it and often then after trying out just coming back to it cause I ALWAYS find something in the hundreds of well categorized (thats so important for me and so often lacks in many libs) preset categories and presets that could be easyly adjusted to what I am looking for. And, compared to something like Lunaris or Dronar for example with its 4 soundsources and all that modulation possibilities and effects it still is useable even on my old PC with only 8 GB RAM and does not take to much ressources while being really easy to use. I have just bought Xosphere 2 and after looking for the videos I think it might even be easier to use like Fleer said. Really curious about it and looking forward to it :). I think you can just go wrong with the actual deal even if I dont have Omnisphere and so cant compare.

Top Bottom