1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for good solo vocal libraries

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Fleer, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Love the Realivox singers.

bigcat1969 and Fleer like this.
  2. Jonathan S

Jonathan S New Member

May 5, 2018
    I'm confused. Is there a good library of vocal soloists that includes tenors and basses? Mostly I just see female vocals. Also "cinematic" is fine [I work in movies and we record actual vocalists and choirs]. But for my work, which requires making demo mock-ups, I need solo vocals - soprano through bass - that are dry, that I can then manipulate as needed.

3. Hans-Peter

Hans-Peter Senior Member

VSL Solo Voices is great!

constaneum likes this.
  4. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    SoundIron's Voices of Rapture has solo soprano, alto, Tenor, bass, "ensemble" and (true to form) a few processed instruments.

The Soprano is a bit "operatic" in comparison to the other soloists, but still excellent.

dsblais and nathantboler like this.
  5. ctsai89

ctsai89 Poem of Ecstasy

Oct 4, 2016
    I have it but I'm hugely dissapointed. There is no dynamic crossfade for it.

6. Heledir

Heledir Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Netherlands
    I have EW Voices of Passion, EW Voices of Empire and @TARI's ERA II Medieval Legends: Vocal Codex.

Of the three, I'd recommend the latter. Though obviously it's not classical solo voices, if that's is what you're after.

7. Ultraxenon

Ultraxenon Senior Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Sande
    I use Jenifer from 8dio and all the Soundiron stuff. Voices of Gaia is really good

nathantboler likes this.
  8. Ultraxenon

Ultraxenon Senior Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Sande
    Soundiron has bass vocal library, i had for a year or two, and used it just once:) it sounds ok, but the legato is a bit odd sometimes.

9. Kroneis

Kroneis New Member

May 16, 2018
    I've yet to try a solo vocal library that dont sound awkward and offputting to me. I guess the realivox libraries come the closest, but still. I try to record vocals whenever possible. Even if its from fiverr, it still adds so much to the track compared to samples (imo).

10. shakuman

shakuman Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Still I can't believe EW did Voices of Empire library!!:shocked: