What's new

Looking for a video game music composer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure , you can buy coffee at a gas station. Or save up for something that actually tastes like coffee.
But don’t you dare complain about the taste of cheap coffee or the fact that people are even allowed to call black mud with hot water poored over it “coffee”. Because hey, everything is coffee now and a lot of people really like mud with hot water.

Hello everyone!

We are currently looking for a music composer for our upcoming indie game!

The game is a pixel-art side scroller Die And Retry game that takes place during the Greek Mythology. We wouldbe looking for someone who can make the perfect soundtrack for this game and that would fit in the Greek Mythology era, using Harps sounds... The track list would briefly comprise 3 to 4 tracks, around 30 seconds each.

If you are interested to discuss a bit more about the project, have more informations and talk about pricing. Feel free to leave a message, and I will respond to you as soon as I can.

Kind Regards,
-Ben.

Hello. My name is David. Nice to virtually meet you. I'd like to write the score for your indie game. If you haven't made a decision on a composer yet?

Link: soundcloud.com/musicknight44

P.N: 856-353-9458
Email: [email protected]
Discord: David Obaniyi#2379

I'd love to discuss this further with you, so feel free to reach out to me on the phone or on Discord or email me to talk more about the music for your game.

Attachments

• Composer David Obaniyi's Resume.pdf
    664.9 KB · Views: 6
Hello everyone!

I am again sorry for creating this akward situation and I understand your point, but I think I should clarify on some points, for you to understand better ;)

First of all, I am well aware, that you have to make a living of what you are doing! Which is normal. But on the other hand, as this is our first game, we are only getting started in the video game industry, so I don't really need someone as experienced as some of you and who are actually established and recognised music composer, but more likely someone who is also in the same situation as us,maybe still getting started and maybe doesn't have the same skills as you, which is the same for us, we are not as good as Ubisoft game devs yet ;) We do not have the pretention to work with Hans Zimmer for our first game, but mainly work with people who have the same level as us in terms of game dev, and wants to maybe get started or do a smaller project. Also, our budget is not 150$ but euros which is around 180$ and we can of course extend it if needed, I really don't want you to feel fooled ;) I hope you get what I meant, I don't mean any disrespect by that, I understand that you got to pay rent and everything that comes with (especially in those crazy covid times). Thanks for your constructive feedbacks! I really appreciate it !

Hello everyone!

I am again sorry for creating this akward situation and I understand your point, but I think I should clarify on some points, for you to understand better ;)

First of all, I am well aware, that you have to make a living of what you are doing! Which is normal. But on the other hand, as this is our first game, we are only getting started in the video game industry, so I don't really need someone as experienced as some of you and who are actually established and recognised music composer, but more likely someone who is also in the same situation as us,maybe still getting started and maybe doesn't have the same skills as you, which is the same for us, we are not as good as Ubisoft game devs yet ;) We do not have the pretention to work with Hans Zimmer for our first game, but mainly work with people who have the same level as us in terms of game dev, and wants to maybe get started or do a smaller project. Also, our budget is not 150$ but euros which is around 180$ and we can of course extend it if needed, I really don't want you to feel fooled ;) I hope you get what I meant, I don't mean any disrespect by that, I understand that you got to pay rent and everything that comes with (especially in those crazy covid times). Thanks for your constructive feedbacks! I really appreciate it !
You've done nothing wrong. No need to apologize!

Alright everyone, I am gonna close this thread, thank you all for your awesome feedbacks and offers, I am gonna respond to anyone who sent me a message, It was very interesting to speak with you all. Thanks for everything, and I hope we can get to do awesome things together! <3

Hello everyone!

Well, in that case I would recommend you to set up a provision contract. That is the most fair thing to do and it is the best way you can get the whole team to feel really motivated, because they might all gain something when the game is a success. That is why it is also the smartest thing to do in your own interest, by the way ...

But ... what are you talking about Hans Zimmer? You have to realize, there is a whole world of in-between fees from 150€ up to what Hans Zimmer is charging for scoring anything! Right ...?

Well, in that case I would recommend you to set up a provision contract. That is the most fair thing to do and it is the best way you can get the whole team to feel really motivated, because they might all gain something when the game is a success. That is why it is also the smartest thing to do in your own interest, by the way ...

But ... what are you talking about Hans Zimmer? You have to realize, there is a whole world of in-between fees from 150€ up to what Hans Zimmer is charging for scoring anything! Right ...?

Yes of course, that's what I meant, I don't want or need or even can afford someone as good as Hans Zimmer. That's why I suggested that only people who are interested to work on a small project with a small team to apply ;)

I think we can all agree that pays can vary depending on the skills level and experience of someone.

Yes of course, that's what I meant, I don't want or need or even can afford someone as good as Hans Zimmer. That's why I suggested that only people who are interested to work on a small project with a small team to apply ;)

I think we can all agree that pays can vary depending on the skills level and experience of someone.
So, what about a provision contract? What can it hurt when everybody on the team is basically working for free? Why wouldn't you respond to that part of my post, which was the crucial one?

So, what about a provision contract? What can it hurt when everybody on the team is basically working for free? Why wouldn't you respond to that part of my post, which was the crucial one?
Of course there will be a contract! and if the game is a succes, we can arrange on percentage of the revenue of the game to give too the composer!^^

Of course there will be a contract! and if the game is a succes, we can arrange on percentage of the revenue of the game to give too the composer!^^
That is a word! You should have started like that and a lot more people would have been interested right away! That and you should post at least some pictures of the planned project (because money ain't everything for composers ...) or some work you did before. Then you will be able to choose from a lot of starters in the business with talent - in addition to the desperate bunch who'd do anything for free to get a scoring job.

The only difficult thing will be then to decide who is talented ... ;)

Totally agree with you! I just did not mention the revenue part because I don't wan't people to rely on that, because if the game is a failure, then the percentage revenue would be low :/ so that's why I want as well to get a fixed payment ;)

Well I think we can close this thread now! thanks for everything! I don't know how to close it but I'll find a way X)

Well I think we can close this thread now! thanks for everything! I don't know how to close it but I'll find a way X)
There is no closing threads here ... only shutting down by moderators, which will not happen in this case, I assume. So, you simply "close it" by no longer answering and hoping others will, too.

But I'd actually like to see this thread pop up from time to time, so that people can see they should not offer themselves under minimum wage. There is nothing to gain by that ... you can only loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom