What's new

Looking for a video game music composer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeSoma

Hello everyone!

We are currently looking for a music composer for our upcoming indie game!

The game is a pixel-art side scroller Die And Retry game that takes place during the Greek Mythology. We wouldbe looking for someone who can make the perfect soundtrack for this game and that would fit in the Greek Mythology era, using Harps sounds... The track list would briefly comprise 3 to 4 tracks, around 30 seconds each.

If you are interested to discuss a bit more about the project, have more informations and talk about pricing. Feel free to leave a message, and I will respond to you as soon as I can.

Kind Regards,
-Ben.

Not experienced game composer, but pretty versatile in musical styles, so here is my site: https://www.mennobosgra.nl (www.mennobosgra.nl)

The tabs video and audio give a good idea of what you can expect.

Hi Ben,

First off, congratulations for your game!

I'd be happy to assist, please get in touch to further discuss your needs, pricing and demos, if needed.

Hello, that game concept sounds really cool! Here is a portfolio of my more recent work, including the tracks I've recently composed for a video game. Check it out when you get the chance, and PM me if you are interested in my work.
Many thanks!

Last edited:
Okay guys, I don't know how to send a private message, so if you could do it for me, I would appreciate it X)

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for yourkind messages! I am just making a quick update of things I should have mentionned in the first post, as I don't want to disappoint people and refuse some applications, because I have not been precise enough.

1) Our budget is 150 € (around 180 $)
2) The type of music we are looking for would not specifically be chiptune/8bit but would need to fit in a pixel-art game.

I am gonna answer to everyone, thank you all for your amazing works!
-Ben.

I'd be happy to provide the 3-4 tracks for your budget.
You can find a reel of my work immediately on the homepage of my website:

1:37 to the end of the reel specifically contains some chiptune/retro work.

If you're interested, I'm most accessible by email at [email protected] and we can talk more details.

Thanks,

Jesse

Hi there! I am a music composer and sound designer with experience doing ancient and orchestral music. I have produced medieval and ancient rome-like music. If you are interested in something more period like music - feel free to write to me -
[email protected]

I have experience with synth, electronic, and rock music too.
Cheers!

btw - it doesn't let me send private messages either.

Did I say something wrong? I am sorry if that's the case.

There has been a recent thread about a low paid composer job and I think it went straight to the drama forum. :)

For perspective, 150 euros for 3-4 songs is below minimum salary when you account for the time to compose and mix, that's assuming the composer comes up with the fitting songs in the first try. :)

There has been a recent thread about a low paid composer job and I think it went straight to the drama forum. :)

For perspective, 150 euros for 3-4 songs is below minimum salary when you account for the time to compose and mix, that's assuming the composer comes up with the fitting songs in the first try. :)
Oh ok, I am sorry about that :/ What would be a good price for 3 songs of 30 seconds then? It's our first game so it's the first time I am looking for a music composer so I am sorry If I make some mistakes but I appreciate you explaining my mistake.

Look, I don't think this is the right behavior here. @LeSoma seems like they are acting in good faith, an indie dev who took initiative to find music for their game. They're not here to take advantage of anybody.

If you don't want to work at that rate, that's fine—it is not a living rate. But for somebody who wants to dip their toes into video game music, or has some extra time on their hands, or—I dunno—wants to contribute to a small team who is probably not a multi-million dollar company, then let them do it!

I'm all for free enterprise, I was just explaining the previous post. No ill will whatsoever here :)

Look, I don't think this is the right behavior here. @LeSoma seems like they are acting in good faith, an indie dev who took initiative to find music for their game. They're not here to take advantage of anybody.

If you don't want to work at that rate, that's fine—it is not a living rate. But for somebody who wants to dip their toes into video game music, or has some extra time on their hands, or—I dunno—wants to contribute to a small team who is probably not a multi-million dollar company, then let them do it!

Thank you for your answer, but if you find that my rates are too low, you can tell me what a good price would be and I can make an effort on my budget, it's not a problem, I don't know the price rates as good as professionnals like you and I am sorry if some of you were offended by that, but I absolutely don't want to scam anybody. I just don't like Henu's reflexion, I don't think it's like that, that you can solve problems, but anyway, I don't want to create drama, let's just have fun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom