What's new

Looking for a sample of crowd yealling hey.

Hanu_H

Hi guys,

I need a sample of audience yelling hey. I mean something that you could hear on a rock concert. I could record some myself but don't have my rig set up at the moment and would like to make a demo of the project as soon as possible. I am not talking about some massive stadium ambiance, but a smaller crowd. Any idea where I could find some? Preferably free or low cost, not likely that I will use it very often...

I think Red Room Audio had some shouts and claps as a free thing other than that - you can check EDM free wav files /they usually have lots of shouting on a beat/ - Cymatics for example.

Someone on YouTube found it on Splice - I think it was Andrew Huang for one of his 5 Producers Flip The Same Sample videos.

Thanks guys. Will check all of the links tomorrow. Now it's Finland vs Sweden icehockey match going. :)

I needed the same thing for an album I did a few years ago, so I used my voice, a vocal processor, and lots and lots of overdubbing to create large crowd yelling "hey!" You're welcome to use it.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/hey-mp3.20290/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• hey.mp3
    18.8 KB · Views: 159
Not affiliated with this, and it's only 132 MB so it's probably got limitations, looped content seems very short, but... interesting. A dedicated crowd noise library for Kontakt.

Grab a few friends and record it with your phone, perhaps? Just make sure the phone is far enough away to avoid distortion. Do a bunch of takes and stack them together, panning them around might work.

Grab a few friends and record it with your phone, perhaps? Just make sure the phone is far enough away to avoid distortion. Do a bunch of takes and stack them together, panning them around might work.
There is a Dolby Audio App for the iPhone that does some magic with recording audio to the phone. I believe it's free. I've used it for a VO and it's pretty cool. For this it might just be perfect. It's called Dolby On.

This has a bunch of "heys" (32 of them) ..often goes on sale for at least half price (currently 27$)

Top Bottom