1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at my first library

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Kinetic, Jan 9, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Toledo, Ohio
    Agree. Thanks all for the fantastic advice and suggestions.

synthpunk likes this.
  2. Robo Rivard

Robo Rivard Senior Member

May 11, 2016
    Qu├ębec
    If you have more questions, just feel free.

Kinetic likes this.
  3. EgM

EgM Game music!

Nov 8, 2015
    NB, Canada
    If you wanna buy Kontakt 5 Full, I suggest you buy the cheapest Player library so you can crossgrade to it :)

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with VSL Special Edition 1. (Although for some reason, everyone in this forum thinks you can afford to buy Spitfire stuff for 10x the price :P )

Kinetic likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Toledo, Ohio
    Hi, can you expand on this? I looked at the NI FAQ page, but I'm still unclear on the crossgrading thing. I am leaning toward Kontakt 5 full or Komplete 11 if I'm feeling zany. Kontakt seems to be a reasonable jumping off point and pretty comprehensive (for a beginner, anyway), especially with all of the stuff that came with LPX. THANKS.

5. EgM

EgM Game music!

Nov 8, 2015
    NB, Canada
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...ontakt-5-player/third-party-sample-libraries/

If you own a "Kontakt Player" library such as those in the link above, you can buy Kontakt as a crossgrade for significant savings. Just be sure the crossgrade option still exists today before commiting to it...

*Edit*
    The crossgrade link is here: (Select Crossgrade from the pull down menu)
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-5/pricing/

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Robo Rivard and Kinetic like this.