What's new

Look at my traps

OP
Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire

On second thought, I think I should have picked a different design for the cloth.

1618134819699.png

Massive traps man.

MartinH.

Very nice!

On second thought, I think I should have picked a different design for the cloth.

Where did you buy that cloth, and do you think it would be well suited enough for building a custom couch/sofa? I'm curious what other kinds of fake wood print patterns for cloth there are.

OP
Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire

Very nice!

Where did you buy that cloth, and do you think it would be well suited enough for building a custom couch/sofa? I'm curious what other kinds of fake wood print patterns for cloth there are.
It's good ol' Ikea, the product is called "Lisel" designed by a lady called Helena Gyllensvärd. I'm not an expert on furniture covering, so I'm not sure if this is thick enough to serve as the only layer. But it's 100% cotton and does appear quite sturdy.

MartinH.

It's good ol' Ikea, the product is called "Lisel" designed by a lady called Helena Gyllensvärd. I'm not an expert on furniture covering, so I'm not sure if this is thick enough to serve as the only layer. But it's 100% cotton and does appear quite sturdy.
Thanks! Doesn't look like ikea has other wood prints, but I found stores that have all kind of weird fabric prints: concrete, popcorn, french fries, marble, etc..

I used to have a chair where I redid the seat cover fabric (not sure what exactly it's called) with regular ikea black fabric and that was sturdy enough, although maybe not stretchy enough for a couch.

Mike Greene

Thanks! Doesn't look like ikea has other wood prints, but I found stores that have all kind of weird fabric prints: concrete, popcorn, french fries, marble, etc..
You can also have a print shop print whatever you want directly to the fabric. Then your panels can be art pieces or whatever.

MartinH.

I'm usually more an explorer guy
My first proper guitar was a Jackson Kelly. Many many years later I bought a guitar with a "standard" shape, and I learned that they give me pretty bad shoulder pain now. Probably gonna stick with Kelly/Explorer shapes for the future. Never played a V, but I doubt it would work for me, as I always play sitting.

You can also have a print shop print whatever you want directly to the fabric. Then your panels can be art pieces or whatever.
That's a great idea, Thanks a lot! I didn't know you could order custom printed fabric of that size. For more complex sewing projects, you could even print the cutting/sewing pattern straight onto the fabric.

Top Bottom