What's new

Logic X - create new key commands

Breitenbach

kaganbreitenbach.com
Is there a way to create new key commands within Logic X that aren't part of their stock line up?

This came about because I work in Logic X, and recently added 2 iPads to my setup to use both for midi cc's as well as to have quick access to certain key commands. Unfortunately, key commands aren't really useful because I have most of the basics memorized. The way this would be useful is if I could build custom key commands.

Any ideas?

----
EXAMPLES:

One of the main things I use are the Midi Transform Functions including: velocity limiter, note length limiter, fixed velocity, humanize etc. It makes sense, to some extent, that key commands don't exist for these since they require additional input. But let's say... I want to make like 8 different key commands to add to an iPad controller for velocity limiter (ranging from ppp 16 up to FFF 127).

Also, strangely enough, Logic X doesn't offer key commands for something like "Quantize to 1/8". There's only press "Q" to quantize. You still have to manually set your quantize value before the key command is even useful. It would be nice to have about 6 different key commands that could be mapped on to my iPad via TouchOSC or Logic Remote just to quantize each of these: Q1/1, Q1/2, Q1/4, Q1/8, Q1/16, and Q1/32.

Lastly, in Cubase there is an awesome key command that effectively just shows your tracks that you currently have data on. That would be extremely useful when working with large templates.

Saxer

I didn't use it up to now but part of the Logic 10.3 update list was:
  • Key commands can now be used to apply one of up to 30 Transform User presets.
Should work for your dynamic things.

I wish they had key commands for quantize values. Especially when using swing I jump between 8th with i.e. 61% swing, triplets, 16th...

blinkofani

There's a KC for hiding empty tracks. Different wording, same result. It's long and boring but a good way to learn Logic(or any DAW) is to go through its KC list(you can select Used or Unused to lower the entries) and you'll find a lot of good stuff. To use the search field, you have to know what term they used...

Top Bottom