What's new

Logic - System Overload - Help !

GingerMaestro

I seem to be getting this message quite a lot at the moment and I have adjusted my interface settings as suggested. I'm using some 2GB String Samples which I guess might be the problem. Is there an easy way to fix this, or is the only way to get a computer with more RAM ? I have 16GB, or is this nothing to do with the RAM ? Thanks in anticipation for any advice and solutions.
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 10.05.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 10.05.34 AM.png

I still use the old trick of creating a dummy audio track, and keep it selected during playback. If a software instrument track is selected, I still see the CPU going up.

Paolo

Hi Paolo Thanks for your reply. Is there anything in the dummy audio track ? i.e. do you bounce down the audio from the software track to this, or is it just blank ? I'm a bit confused !

Hi Paolo Thanks for your reply. Is there anything in the dummy audio track ? i.e. do you bounce down the audio from the software track to this, or is it just blank ? I'm a bit confused !

Blank audio track with no inputs / outputs and no content on it. When you select an audio track, it takes Logic out of 'live mode', which sometimes helps with CPU issues.

Thank you all. I added a dummy audio track and that seems to have done the job ! Result. I don't quite understand what the underlying issu is though ? Is it that the computer or interface can't handle that much audio ? My computer is showing I'm only using 8GB of Ram

I've also have loads of these lately. It is definitely memory related here. I don't only get warnings, but the Mac is freezing totally so I need a long click on the on/off button to switch it off.

Here are a couple of threads that may be useful in addition the to advice you already have got:

https://vi-control.net/community/th...rs-with-performance-issues-memory-diag.83322/
The Recycle memory function in the above mentioned app can be very useful - I wish Logic (or MacOS) had built in functionality similar to what Memory Diag does.

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/preload-settings-in-kontakt-with-ssd.69782/

Last edited:
Top Bottom