What's new

Logic - static control for a track

Jaredf920

In Logic:
Is there a way to map a controller to only and always control volume of a specific track?

I have a Dialog track an temp music track (audio inputs from my video slave) and
I want to map a fader/knob/something to always only control volume of each of those tracks.

All of the mixer/software control surface things I've tried always match whichever track you have selected, and bank the faders to show tracks around it.
I want to make a software fader (lemur or metagrid command), or assign one of my hardware faders/knobs, call it "DX" and have volume control for my dialog, right here. always.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 00.30.51.png
Something like this perhaps? A quick test so I'm not sure if there are any gotchas..
Using the Logic "learn control" function, I've mapped a fader on my Nano to always control Aux 1. A quick test shows that wherever I move in the project, the same fader (Aux 1) responds to my Nano input.

Maybe a jumping off point if nothing else..

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 00.30.51.png
Something like this perhaps? A quick test so I'm not sure if there are any gotchas..
Using the Logic "learn control" function, I've mapped a fader on my Nano to always control Aux 1. A quick test shows that wherever I move in the project, the same fader (Aux 1) responds to my Nano input.

Maybe a jumping off point if nothing else..

YESSSS! I set it to control channel strip - audio - 1 (DX is the first track in my session)
Now that midi cc controls only volume fader only for that channel.

Did it again for audio - 2.

Working beautifully! Now to go find the label maker and mark my FaderCtrl!

Last time I tried the learn control feature, it learned volume fader, but controlled the volume of whichever track I had selected. Your screenshot made me dive back in, deeper to that menu. :scout:
Thanks!

No problem. Actually, I was considering doing the same thing as you, so your post prompted me to investigate further!

Top Bottom