Logic Pro X - Movie tempo ''freeze'' ?

RRBE Sound

Hey All!

So I am searched Google and You Tube for answers, but with no result.

My question goes: How can I ''Lock/freeze'' the video/movie in Logic Pro X when changing tempo?

I am aware of the great audio flex function, but this, as I can see does not affect the video/movie. - So it stretches by every small accelerando or ritt..

Have you got any idea? - What do you do?

Is the only way to do this by ''making a time-line'' with the correct timing and then compose the music and last add the video to ''match''?

Thank you!!

All the best
Rune

Saxer

The Movie tempo is changing when you change the song tempo? Really? Slow motion movie when lowering the song bpm? Never happend here...

OP
RRBE Sound

RRBE Sound

Well, the ''tempo/phase'' of the video does not change. But the video moves, acording to the tempo change: fast tempo of music = ''longer clip to fill and steady tempo = small clip.. Does this make sense?

Ashermusic

No, I just don't understand. A movie advances, regardless of tempo, by minutes, seconds, and frames when you hit play. E.g. At 01:02:03:04 dog bites man. At 01:13:15:06 man bites dog and you should see that in the VITC (visible time code). Tempo changes should not effect that.

OP
RRBE Sound

RRBE Sound

Well... It might just be me.. - This is more my experience: I import film and sound, create markers different places according to lets say different emotions there have to be. Then I start composing. - While composing I like to lower the tempo, - then the video is no longer matching the markers I set. - I no the logic of this thing happening, but is there a way to avoid?

Ashermusic

Well you can lock the markers, but if you slow the tempo, you will reach a certain point in the picture more slowly of course, because again, it is minutes, seconds, and frames.

OP
RRBE Sound

RRBE Sound

Okay, So the best way to ''bypass'' is by composing, changing tempo and so on, to a time-code matching the clip, and then when done, insert the video and ''edit''?

Ashermusic

Okay, So the best way to ''bypass'' is by composing, changing tempo and so on, to a time-code matching the clip, and then when done, insert the video and ''edit''?
I don't know about the "best way" but here is what I think most of us do.
1. Find a general tempo that feels good and hits at least some of the critical hit points and compose using that
2. Plot the hit points and make the tempo adjustments to hit them.

OP
RRBE Sound

RRBE Sound

Thank you! -

By 2. you mean to kind of plan and then make the tempo changes, before starting to compose?

OP
RRBE Sound

RRBE Sound

Great! - Well this seams to be a solution to my small problem.. :D

Thank you!

- If anyone have some more input, feel free to give ! :)

mc_deli

n trepreneur
Do you mean you like to play lines in at a slower speed so you get a better performance?

Afaik you can't get Logic to speed up or slow down the image. You would need to sync with a video app for that.

When it comes to tempo changes; markers and the tempo list are you friends and there are a few tutorials out there on how to automatically create perfect bar lengths.