What's new

Logic Pro X Articulation Sets seem to no longer really need a third party switcher!

Yep. Channelizer (or EventChaser) are perfect for this situation

Sorry, I may not have understood you, but anyway in LogicPro there are two kinds of drawn automation...there is midi automation and plugin automation. If you were talking about midi automation then ignore my previous comment.

But like I said... all the midi from your regions and tracks...and all the midi coming directly from your controller... whether its recorded as seperate events in the event list, or drawn as CC midi automation curves......by the time it hits Scripter, its all the same...Scripter just sees those midi events in the order they come, exactly the same as what would be going to Sine.

So no...there is nothing about the drawn version of CC automation that should preclude it from working. There is something else Amiss... I have an idea about that, in a sec...

I understand completely, which is why I made the script.

So first, there are two scripts I made. One is called Channelizer and one is called EventChaser. The up to date version of each one is best found here:

https://gitlab.com/dewdman42/Channelizer

You can find some docs on using them here:

https://gitlab.com/dewdman42/Channelizer/-/wikis/home

I think you probably want to use EventChaser in this case. But let me explain the difference between them.

Channelizer

Channelizer is designed to be used mostly WITHOUT using an articulation set output section. You can only use the articulation set IF YOU ALSO CLEAR OUT ANY AND ALL OUTPUT SWITCHES AND CHANNELIZING ACTION.

WHY: LogicPro has a design flaw where if the articulation set sends any output switches or channelizing actions, etc.. then it also clears the articulationID from the event. Channelizer depends on articulationID.

But Channelizer is designed to do the actual channelizing, (DO NOT USE articulation set to assign to channels). Just use the articulation set for the purpose of having useful names attached to the articulationID's, nothing else, then let Channelizer do all the channelizing and everything else.

There are advantages to the Channelizer approach handling the channelizing duties, including the fact you can have more then 16 articulations for an instrument spread across AU3 midi ports if you're using VePro, for example.

EventChaser

EventChaser is a more simple approach, this assumes you have already channelized your articulations in the articulation set and it does not need to see articulationID either. it simply takes whatever CC's are coming in (or Aftertouch, Pitchbend) and propagates them to other midi channels when notes are sustaining. This is probably the one you should use if you already setup your articulation sets to channelize.

It basically means that it is assuming your instrument is using all of the 16 midi channels of the current midi port, it does not have access to other AU3 midi ports.

Note that if and when you are using multi-port VePro..with numerous instruments in each VePro instance, then this script may not be that helpful, Channelizer is better in that case.
I've now had a chance to install and test the Event Chaser, and it is indeed doing the trick. Thanks!

Does channelizer work with the AU2 version of VE Pro in Logic? I understand the CC99 mode in channelizer is for accomodating VEP6, but for channelizer to work at all, is it necessary to use the AU3 version of VEP in Logic? Thanks!

Channelizer will work with AU2 or AU3 and does NOT use the VePro CC99 trick. But with AU2 it will be limited to only port #1

I actually don't know if it would work with the CC99 trick or not....

Top Bottom