What's new

Logic Pro X 10.5 is out

One of my biggest issues with Mac. I am currently running high sierra on my 2011 iMac and cannot install the upgrade. (shoulder shrug) I would love to check out all the new features without having to upgrade my computer.

O.k. there is a thing i really miss in the sampler. I would love to have a curve setting also for decay and release, not only for the attack.
MSEG would be even better.

Forget about everything else: it now captures your MIDI playing even when the transport is stopped.

That is such a great feature.
That’s a good one. But I’m holding out for “Hey Siri, what note am I going to play next?”

Just upgraded to 10.5.1 direct from 10.4.8 on Mojave and all is well here; Logic actually feels a little snappier overall. Some nice GUI finesses on stuff like the channel eq. No issues with projects created in 10.4.x. And you can now save a template to a symlinked folder (finally)!

Does Babylon Waves Art Conductor works ok with it?

I can't get LPX 10.5 to remember my performance patches correctly. It forgets midi channel, and the Babylon Waves Art Conductor preset (sometimes). Anybody have this problem? I'm trying to make LASS patches, and have tried on both Kontakt 5 and 6. I know the LASS ARC is very long in the tooth, but it works perfectly once I get it set up; it's just that LPX 10.5 won't save it all set up. I have to reload the Babylon preset and change the midi channel. Not the end of the world, but kind of stupid.

I can't get LPX 10.5 to remember my performance patches correctly. It forgets midi channel, and the Babylon Waves Art Conductor preset (sometimes). Anybody have this problem? I'm trying to make LASS patches, and have tried on both Kontakt 5 and 6. I know the LASS ARC is very long in the tooth, but it works perfectly once I get it set up; it's just that LPX 10.5 won't save it all set up. I have to reload the Babylon preset and change the midi channel. Not the end of the world, but kind of stupid.

Save it where? In he Library?

Save it where? In he Library?

Good thought - thank you. I'll try to save one level up, in the Library.

I had been saving as a Performance - a channel strip-instrument. That should save everything but I guess not.

EDIT: That did it. Needs to be saved as a User Patch. The Channel Strip Instruments are in the Library too, so it's not really a level up; it's just another folder. Thanks Jay

Last edited:
Good thought - thank you. I'll try to save one level up, in the Library.

I had been saving as a Performance - a channel strip-instrument. That should save everything but I guess not.

EDIT: That did it. Needs to be saved as a User Patch. The Channel Strip Instruments are in the Library too, so it's not really a level up; it's just another folder. Thanks Jay

You’re welcome.

Yeah reported it several times. Never heard anything back (don't know if anyone every does though).
Digging up an old post here... I've actually had Logic development get back to me about 4 or 5 separate bugs I've filed since 10.5.0 so they actually are being more proactive about collecting info about issues... I've had to file a few bugs more than once but they do seem to be reaching out to users as of 10.5. One of them they addressed in 10.5.1. Another they're still looking into...

Yeah I have often been “followed up with”—probably more than half the time I submit a bug report.

Yeah I have often been “followed up with”—probably more than half the time I submit a bug report.
Curious... Have you submitted any support files from your OC machine? I've always wondered if those logic support files reveal anything that lets them identify if a machine's a hack...

Digging up an old post here... I've actually had Logic development get back to me about 4 or 5 separate bugs I've filed since 10.5.0 so they actually are being more proactive about collecting info about issues... I've had to file a few bugs more than once but they do seem to be reaching out to users as of 10.5. One of them they addressed in 10.5.1. Another they're still looking into...

Thats really good to hear. About 6 months or so ago they also added Logic and Final Cut phone support to their support app too. Seems like they are starting to give a lot more money to the pro app divisions which is great.

Thats really good to hear. About 6 months or so ago they also added Logic and Final Cut phone support to their support app too. Seems like they are starting to give a lot more money to the pro app divisions which is great.
Yeah, last time I talked to Pro App Support, the support guy took one look at the array of drives I had connected to my rig and gave me a direct number to contact Pro Support. So they seem to be giving out the number pretty freely. But even prior to that, I've always had good experiences with Apple Support for the Pro Apps once I got to the right person.

Top Bottom