Logic Pro X 10.5 is out

MarcelM

ill try again... the new sampler plugins windows are moving fine when you drag them around? all old plugins just work fine, but those wont :/ somewhat sluggish if you move them fast.

tested on mojave.

Tatu

Lannister
Native Instruments Replika -delay unexpectedly quits Logic. Anyone care to try?
And so does Massive X, when inserting it to a track.

EDIT: On MacOS Catalina

Last edited:

Mike T

Boring Member
Well, I'm locked out because I can't go past High Sierra even if I wanted to. However, I've been thinking that I might finally retire my 2011 iMac this week....

MarcelM

Well, I'm locked out because I can't go past High Sierra even if I wanted to. However, I've been thinking that I might finally retire my 2011 iMac this week....
you actually can. google for dosdude1 patcher. easy to make it work...

mjsalam

ill try again... the new sampler plugins windows are moving fine when you drag them around? all old plugins just work fine, but those wont :/ somewhat sluggish if you move them fast.

tested on mojave.
same here. kinda jumps - Catalina

khollister

And all 3 of the Relab verbs as well - LX480, VSR & Sonsig. Sent a note to Relab. Saw on a thread at KVR that NI is aware of and working on a fix for the NI stuff.

Spot checked Soundtoys & UAD - no issues there.

Virtuoso

Socially Distant Member

Yup - crashed immediately straight to the desktop with both Massive X and Relab Sonsig.

Urgh. I wonder how many more plugins are going to do this? :confused:

khollister

Yup - crashed immediately straight to the desktop with both Massive X and Relab Sonsig.

Urgh. I wonder how many more plugins are going to do this? :confused:
I'm going to test all the stuff I regularly use later this afternoon. So far, no issues with Ivory or Kontakt

Dewdman42

I like the new step sequencer. I could care less about the loop grid. Some of the improvements to the sampler are nice, but of little use to me. I'm disappointed they have not fixed 80% of the bugs I have reported and care about over the past couple years. (sigh). Also concerned they are forcing Mojave already. That means the next version of LogicPro will very likely not be officially supported on my cheesgrater.

apollinaire

Is the EXS25 totally gone? Has anyone tried opening an older session done with the previous version yet? I'm in High Sierra and trying to download install Mojave now, but i keep getting this message "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS". Ughhh

charlieclouser

It's not a secret that Apple pretty much gives people Logic so that they will buy Macs. The total sales of all Apple computers and software for a year is a bad week for the iPhone.
So if one wants to go back and forth between v10.4.8 and v10.5 on the same machine, does this procedure still work?

1 - Zip v10.4.8 to an archive.
2 - Put the archive in a new folder.
3 - Download and install update to v10.5, which replaces v10.4.8.
4 - Unzip the v10.4.8 archive that's inside a folder.
5 - Rename the v10.4.8 app to "Logic Pro X v10.4.8".
6 - Drag "Logic Pro X v10.4.8" out into the main Applications folder.

Resulting in "Logic Pro X" (which is the new v10.5) and "Logic Pro X v10.4.8" living next to each other in the Applications folder.

Any other issues with doing that so I can flip between the two without having two boot drives or whatever? Like key commands or preferences files created/modified by v10.5 causing v10.4.8 to crash?

I figured @Ashermusic would know the answer....