What's new

Logic Pro X 10.5 is out

On that note

This guy is never wrong. He live leaks when tim cook goes emergency meetings before releases. His sources are very reliable.

But it does suprise me. I always thought they would still call it garageband, just make it more competant

No, its never been. but live loops came out on garageband 3 years ago.

And the Redmatica features that made it into Logic have been in GarageBand for a long time too.

GarageBand is still a very different program designed for a different audience.

This guy is never wrong. He live leaks when tim cook goes emergency meetings before releases. His sources are very reliable.

Given that Apple is one of the most secretive companies in existence, I doubt they're leaks.

I dunno, your posts are bringing out my inner cynic!

Given that Apple is one of the most secretive companies in existence, I doubt they're leaks.

I dunno, your posts are bringing out my inner cynic!

Apple is notorius for not being able to control their leaks. Thats why everyone knew what iphone 12 was gonna look like 3 months ago. Jon Prosser yesterday leaked all the info about the Apple Glass next year. And you know he is accurate because apple haes him and are trying to find out who his sources are.

I get that some sources are a bit hit or miss, but this guy's record is pretty faultless.

When they bought Logic, people I'd known for over ten years didn't want to talk to me (a member of the press).

Very secret company.
yeah but Apple is a completely different company now. When they bought logic the apple fandom didn't exist like it does today.

I never said they don't try to be secretive. despite them saying 2 years ago they would clamp on leaks, still every feature on the new iphone is known 6 months before release.

hell, they even leaked the 10.5 live loops a month before it came out, and it was their own fault this time.

Yeah it did.

iPhones have huge supply chains, so there are lots of companies involved.

Oh yeah I'm sure there was a hardcore fanbase. But cant be anywhere near as big as it is now. Apple was big in the early 2000's but now they have a revenue greater than almost all countries on the planet. I think the number of people who care about leaks from Apple is much greater now than it was then.

And huge supply chains were the reason we had most leaks. But the newer leaks that Jon Prosser has are all from inside Apple, and seemingly from very senior engineers.

what I do find is that certain plug-ins, once the UI is open, slow down the UI of everything else that goes on in Logic.
Which plugins are causing this for you? I've seen it with EZ Drummer 2 - the Logic UI grinds to a halt if the main Drum page is open in the plugin.

Do you know this for sure, or are you speculating?

I haven't seen macOS becoming simpler, just better. Photos is fine, iTunes is still a clustershag (especially on iOS, where it randomizes song orders on albums and makes it very hard to do what you want when you're driving)... what else is there? It looks and works like a Mac, no?

My laughter was directed at your phrase ‘clustershag’.

Which plugins are causing this for you? I've seen it with EZ Drummer 2 - the Logic UI grinds to a halt if the main Drum page is open in the plugin.
i'm seeing this with Serum for instance but in all fairness, it's random. I've tried to make a vid yesterday and I couldn't make it happen at this point.

Top Bottom