What's new

Logic Pro X 10.4 released

Ooh, is ‘Smart Tempo’ meant to do what I think it is? (Fit non Apple loops to tempo automatically).

UPDATE: It appears so, plus preview audio at the project tempo and favourite locations in the file browser.

Last edited:
Ooh, is ‘Smart Tempo’ meant to do what I think it is? (Fit non Apple loops to tempo automatically).

UPDATE: It appears so, plus preview audio at the project tempo and favourite locations in the file browser.

The release notes say "Add any audio file and have it automatically conform to the project tempo". This is wonderful!!

• You can now undo mixer and plug-in actions.
YES! to the mixer un-dos :)
  • Record audio without using a click or drag in an audio file and have the performance define your project tempo.
i really like the sound of this!
  • Smart Controls and Instrument plug-ins now offer a key switch view for Articulation IDs.
interesting...
  • There is now an option to have Logic automatically set a new color for each newly created audio, software instrument, or external MIDI track.
Finally!

• There is now an option to have Logic automatically set a new color for each newly created audio, software instrument, or external MIDI track.
Finally!

As minor as this is, I've been wishing for this (Cubase has this feature). I'm tired of the same old green tracks!

Also, the new reverb designs sound cool.

does anybody use Voice over in Logic? if so, how does it affect your workflow?
reason i ask is because this update really shed some love to the voice over features

Holy cow. I don't have Cubase, but I know its Expression Maps are considered to be the best method for controlling articulations, and I just watched a video on YT about how they work to familiarize myself. Then I started exploring the Articulation Set item in the Track Inspector in LPX 10.4 ... and as far as I can tell, it is pretty much the same thing. I just tried setting up a quick one for a few articulations of the Albion One strings, and it works gangbusters. Doors, blown open! I suspect I'll be making articulation sets all night.

Wow! - maybe I am going back to Logic (if Garritan would get the lead out on fixing the CFX AU). Updating now from App Store

Remind me please, does naming current Logic version to something like LX10.3.3 allow the new update to be downloaded separately or will it still overwrite the current version ? Tx

oh the little things....
  • Using Option rubberband to zoom in to a specific area in the Piano Roll no longer sometimes scrolls the view to selected notes instead.
i can't tell you how many times this made me red in the face while using the magic mouse
Apple....thank you!

Holy cow. I don't have Cubase, but I know its Expression Maps are considered to be the best method for controlling articulations, and I just watched a video on YT about how they work to familiarize myself. Then I started exploring the Articulation Set item in the Track Inspector in LPX 10.4 ... and as far as I can tell, it is pretty much the same thing. I just tried setting up a quick one for a few articulations of the Albion One strings, and it works gangbusters. Doors, blown open! I suspect I'll be making articulation sets all night.

So you can easily create your own articulation maps?

Does it work for switch via MIDI channel as well as traditional keyswitches?

Top Bottom