What's new

Logic Pro Can't relocate library error

Antkn33

I'm using macOS 11, Logic 10.6. I have a new 2TB external hard drive. Formatted MacOS Extended.

Logic has full disk access. It's not a time machine drive.

I get the error "Error: content relocation could not be completed" immediately after pressing the relocate button.

Thanks

I actually solved this by resetting Logic's preferences to default. Then closing and reopening Logic it asked me to allow it to access removable drives again. But it already did have access in the Security panel.... go figure.

I’ve had a similar issue to this with Final Cut Pro that Apple Support has been unable to resolve. They traced the problem back to the drive but can’t figure out why the drive would allow some actions and not others. There, too, sometimes resetting the preference works, but sometimes it does not and I’m forced to abandon the drive for particular uses (it affects recording voiceovers inside of Final Cut). The culprit for me has been Toshiba spinning HDs if that by chance is what you were trying to use, though I suspect your issue is with a SSD.

I just went through this with my M1 mini - Logic refused to relocate content to any of my external drives. I ended up uninstalling Logic with AppCleaner (a very handy utility that tends to find bits and pieces scattered in various places), copying everything off of the SSD in question, reformatting the drive, reinstalling Logic, and crossing my fingers. Some combination of those things worked :dancer:

Hello, I just tried this but still no go:

Error: Content relocation could not be completed

My mac has such a small HD that I can't use much at all of the available libraries - no room. Apple Support is supposedly still hard at work to find a solution.

Do you have an administrator account set up with full permissions and a standard account you work with regularly? I found I could only move the Logic library when I was in an account that had full privileges.

Don't know if this is reassuring to anyone, but I'm running Big Sur 11.1, just used Carbon Copy Cloner to move my Logic Library and several other libraries from a Samsung T7 to a Samsung T5, and Logic identified and recognised the new location by itself without issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom