What's new

Logic Pro 10.4.5 Update

I don't know why you might be having that problem, because that isn't the case for me: my screen sets also go over 2 screens, and I've never had any issues, either with this update, or any other;

I haven't noticed any issues either. However, my 2-screen screensets have separate windows on each monitor, so maybe that's the difference?

There have been issues with multiple-monitor screensets in the past, but they fixed them a few versions back.

I haven't noticed any issues either. However, my 2-screen screensets have separate windows on each monitor, so maybe that's the difference?

There have been issues with multiple-monitor screensets in the past, but they fixed them a few versions back.
Lucky you, they did not for me. My sets are locked, have different windows and it happend on different host computers, so I'm pretty sure it's a Logic thing.

But.....importing screen sets 2-3 times a day is not that painfull ;)

It appeared with my old template and with my new one. It also happens in smaller projects build from scratch. It depends on how often I switch between the sets. The ones I use most are the ones that disappear. My next hope is called Mojave, but I'm not too optimistic.

Not sure about the resolutions

It doesn't matter, actually. I checked on my machine, and it doesn't care whether the second monitor is set to 1080p (as it normally is, 5' away) or 4K.

Plus you have an iMac. It sounds like this is real.

And thinking about it, I don't stay on the screensets that use multiple monitors very long, so my experience probably isn't relevant.

Just curious - which key command are you using? In Logic 10.4.5, the "Toggle Track On" command (Option-M) does not work properly. It only turns off tracks. It doesn't turn them on.
What's weird is that it will turn tracks on or off, but only one time per track. If you toggle a track on with the key command, the key command won't toggle it back off, nor will it toggle it back on if you manually toggle it off first. It will still work on any other track in your project, but only once each.

You have to hold option/alt and then click the on/off button in the track header to disable one or multiple selected tracks. There is no key command yet and tracks headers don’t get opaque like in other daws.

There's that guy who used to work at Motu that has something similar for around 500 bucks, doesn't it dynamically know your track layout? Can't recall his name, he's posted here on Vi-Control...

MR Miller - Patchboard. Using it myself - what a godsend!

What's weird is that it will turn tracks on or off, but only one time per track. If you toggle a track on with the key command, the key command won't toggle it back off, nor will it toggle it back on if you manually toggle it off first. It will still work on any other track in your project, but only once each.
Maybe Apple wants to make it difficult to disable the track by accident. That could trigger hours of tech support work. :) There's also a menu option for activating a track, but not for deactivating it. IMO there should at least be a menu option for disabling a track, but I'd prefer an optional dedicated button for enable/disable.

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/keyboard-maestro-for-workflow-boost.83205/
Thanks for the tips guys, and I don't want you to think I'm criticising Logic, I use is as much as I do Cubase. It's just that now it has such a robust disable/enable feature and increased track count, the next logical (ahem) step would be integrated track search.

Below is the functionality I'm trying to explain.

My Cubase template below has everything disabled and hidden. I press CMD-F and the search box pops up. It filters track names as I type.

I press enter and the track is unhidden, then I enable it.

Below is how my library templates work. I normally use a key command, but I'm using a Keyboard Maestro palette in this case as a demonstration.

All it's doing is using a logical preset that searches for tracks with a code at the start and unhides them.

Hey @jonathanwright - you mentioned using Keyboard Maestro in Cubase in your video - this looks really interesting. Do you also use this in Logic, and if so, what do you use it to do? I hadn't heard about this before, and watched a couple of YouTube videos to see if I could get a sense of it, but there's not a lot of info on it being used in Logic. I realize it's more of a general tool than just for DAWs, but is it worth the $40 if you just plan to use it for Logic, and if so, is it easy to use?

EDIT: I opened another thread here to broaden this topic out on it's own, as it's less to do with the Logic update on this thread.

Last edited:
the price is a joke, sorry. :)

Well, actually -while it’s hard to swallow, given that I have a quasi-complicated half working roll your own version working, it took me about 4 years to make, and it’s still not done, and not being dynamic, will never be.

I think the DIY version at 500 bucks is interesting. If I had a 500k plus contract upcoming, I wouldn’t flinch at the pro version. It’s worth my time alone.

I wouldn’t mind if we could get a key command (toggle) as well.

I firmly agree that there should absolutely be a key command to toggle track on/off as well as a different key command to toggle track disable/enable.

In Logic v10.2.4 I use a key command for track on/off as a de-facto track mute - I like the small additional savings of CPU that I get when a track is turned off as opposed to being muted, and I don't mind the small delay when a track is turned back on.

I do have a separate key command for track mute/unmute as well, but I rarely use it.

I really want an additional, separate key command for track disable/enable, and not just a half-assed re-purposing of the existing track on/off.

Top Bottom