What's new

Logic Pro 10.4.5 Update

I'm noticing that creating a new instrument track doesn't update the track list unless you click on the arrange page to make it appear. Honestly I'm running into problems already, this is a buggy update imho. VEP AU3 is broken now too. Other things...

hmm.. i guess raising the amount of tracks is good. the rest seemed ok'ish?

the shift double click pressing on any part of work area will play from there seems neat.

I'm noticing that creating a new instrument track doesn't update the track list unless you click on the arrange page to make it appear.

FWIW, I don't see any such problem here. Creating an instrument track appears in the track list immediately, just like normal. Maybe this is also related to VEP (which I don't use)?

It’s $279.99 Canadian dollars, in the Canadian App Store. Did a link take you there?
I see no evidence from the site itself that it's Canadian, but that would make sense.

I got my info by following a link from a 9to5mac article here:

https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/13/apple-logic-pro-x-10-4-5-mac-pro/

That article contains a link to the $279.99 price here:

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/logic-pro-x/id634148309?mt=12

And now that I paste the link, I see the "ca" in it. Sorry to all, that I spread misinformation. Thanks @babylonwaves and @ka00 for helping me figure that out.

I've edited my first post near the top of this thread.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:
FWIW, I don't see any such problem here. Creating an instrument track appears in the track list immediately, just like normal. Maybe this is also related to VEP (which I don't use)?

its happening for any and all instruments, not just VEP.

when I tried to select the track and hit DELETE, it crashed logic.

VEP AU3 doesn't work at all, can't even open the plugin gui

its happening for any and all instruments, not just VEP.

when I tried to select the track and hit DELETE, it crashed logic.

VEP AU3 doesn't work at all, can't even open the plugin gui

Just an idea ...

As far as I understand you've build your Logic & VEP7 setup using VEP7 in its AU3 version ,
which is still in BETA !!!

Using this Beta Version might cause the issues with Logic10.4.5 you are encountering .

It is up to VSL to sort out these issues with a new release of VEP7 .

Best ,
Gerd

Just an idea ...

As far as I understand you've build your Logic & VEP7 setup using VEP7 in its AU3 version ,
which is still in BETA !!!

Using this Beta Version might cause the issues with Logic10.4.5 you are encountering .

It is up to VSL to sort out these issues with a new release of VEP7 .

Best ,
Gerd

the problem I mentioned with having to click on the arrange page in order to see new tracks is happening for ALL instruments, not just VSL.

I agree the VEP Au3 plugin is beta. And its now broken in 10.4.5

the problem I mentioned with having to click on the arrange page in order to see new tracks is happening for ALL instruments, not just VSL.

I agree the VEP Au3 plugin is beta. And its now broken in 10.4.5
can you create a new user account on your mac and start a fresh project and try if its your user account/ preferences making problems.

I don't have time to mess with it, and anyway I'm more concerned about my mojave based system back home when I get back there in a few days. I consider this a broken release... rolling back... have fun with yours if its working for you

The dynamic plug-in loading feature is one of the best improvements ever.Finally I can load my big templates 100 times faster than before.
Closing a big template is also incredible fast now, same with saving a project.
This is really smart and excuses the missing features we asked for:
-Multiple video import
-Multiple midi CC lanes in the piano roll
-Multiple marker tracks.

And yes, I just created 1000 audio tracks, just for fun :)

I think before it would just free up CPU ... now it frees up RAM as well.
Thank you. I had a feeling that that was the case as I never saw the plugins reload when I "unfroze" a frozen track, Seems to me that freeing up the RAM would've been a essential part of the freezing process, but oh well. Better late than never.

Top Bottom