What's new

Logic Pro 10.4.5 Update

This one leaves Sierra behind (macOS 10.13.6 or later is required), so I'll have to wait to try it until I've finally taken the Mojave plunge. (I'm planning to skip High Sierra.)

They've also raised the price from $199.99 to $279.99, but it's a free update for those who've already purchased Logic Pro X.

More here:

Logic Pro X

Edit: I was wrong about the price increase. I didn't realize that I was looking at the Canadian price when I saw that it was $279.99. I apologize for the error.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:
The new Logic Pro update has been released!

Any thoughts?

I like that the headline feature is "Improved Performance". And I am hoping my iMac Pro has enough power to benefit to at least some degree from the increased track limit.

I wish they'd also implemented an "unload all" operation for tracks, though. That would have been a HUGE boon for orchestral templates in LPX. EDIT: while it wasn't listed in the patch notes, @Vik found this additional 10.4.5 info which sounds like it might be very much like what I was hoping for: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209636

I'm surprised that it is only a 10.4.5 version rather than 10.5. EDIT: I had wished for more, but now it looks like the release notes have been fleshed out ... and there is MORE. MUCH MORE.

:dancer:

Last edited:
I just installed it. It broke VEP AU3. I noticed they bumped up the number of multi-out inst aux channels to 25 instead of 16 as before. So that's someting. I'm not seeing 1000 channels. I have to say...this feels broken so far...

The implementation of ‘Disabled Tracks’ seems to work really well so far. Actually quite slick that the track enables just by selecting it.

The UI feels really responsive, opening/closing the mixer, even dragging its border is noticably faster.

"Freezing a track now unloads its plug-ins to free up resources."

What was the point of freezing before, if this wasn't part of it in the first place?

What does this mean exactly? You basically enable a certain track and the VI loads up?

From what I am seeing, if it was auto-unloaded during the project load (e.g., it is unloaded but the "On" button is lit), you just select it as the current track and the plugin and samples load up. On the other hand, if you explicitly unload a track during a session with Option-click to turn off the "On" button, then selecting the track does not auto-reload it ... you need to click to light the "On" button again and then the plugins/samples load again.

Top Bottom