What's new

Logic, Midi CC's , Behringer BCF 2000

ChristopherDoucet

Follow on Twitter @DoucetComposer
Hi Logic Folks,

Trying to help a friend hook up a Behringer BCF2000 to control MIDI CC's in Logic and it seems to be auto connecting to a protocol of some sort (HUI) and controlling the DAW as a console.

I'm a cubase guy and trying to help fix it, but I'm unfamiliar with how to do it in Logic.

I've hard coded the MIDI CC's on the unit so it should just need to read the midi and deactivate the HUI functionality.

Could anyone explain what I need to do to get logic to read the CC data, not in console mode? THANKS!

Dont have one but I think there is some kind of hardware routine of button pressing to force it into midi mode. Try and track down a manual or email behringer.

Chris

There is a series of 16 or so video tutorials on YouTube done about 7 years ago (and still available) by a person calling himself "DanceTech" which I consider to be a most comprehensive source of information specifically on how to get the most out of your BCF2000 in Logic Pro. It's a long time since I viewed them but I'm pretty sure you'll find the answer in these tutorials.

I use one of these, in Cubase, and IIRC I have it set up with Mackie Emulation and it just works.

I’ll try it with Logic this evening and see if it runs with that.

Well, I just gave it a go, and like with Cubase, it just worked.

I have my BCF2000 set up in Mackie Emulation mode, and I have it programmed already to the Midi CC values for my Spitfire UACC libraries.

Dropped in a kontakt instrument and Spitfire Chamber Strings and all is working ....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 10.30.52.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 10.30.52.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 10.31.11.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 10.31.11.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 10.31.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 10.31.19.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 27
Chris

There is a series of 16 or so video tutorials on YouTube done about 7 years ago (and still available) by a person calling himself "DanceTech" which I consider to be a most comprehensive source of information specifically on how to get the most out of your BCF2000 in Logic Pro. It's a long time since I viewed them but I'm pretty sure you'll find the answer in these tutorials.

Yes, I did check those videos out but it seems as if "DanceTech" has it set up the very way I do now, with it controlling Logic audio faders as a console, vs. a midi controller. Unless I'm missing something.

I have my BCF2000 set up in Mackie Emulation mode, and I have it programmed already to the Midi CC values for my Spitfire UACC libraries.

Dropped in a kontakt instrument and Spitfire Chamber Strings and all is working ....
Thanks for the reply! Do you have it hooked up via USB? Or MIDI CABLE?

Old thread but for any other newbies who may read in future, I have had a BCF2000 gathering dust for a few months after I grabbed it off eBay. Finally set it up with Logic last night and got it successfully working with Spitfire libraries with faders assigned for Dynamics, Expression and Vibrato.

At first I made the mistake of following the DanceTech videos referenced above, but that's for using it in "Logic Control" mode, i.e. to control the mixer faders, etc.

I re-set it to factory settings and made sure it was set up in "USB-1" mode as a generic MIDI controller. I did have some faffing, as it's not as easy as just right clicking and selecting "Learn MIDI CC", I had to have the Logic Controller Assignments window open. In the "Zone" column I created a new entry for BCF2000, then did the MIDI learn thing on a different fader for each item and it seems to work very well. Tried switching between different libraries and it retains control of the correct item regardless.

You want money?

Make a video where you wipe all your settings. And set up a BFC2000 to Control Midi Modulation and Midi Expression in LOGIC PRO X from Scratch...

Monetize it..

It doesn't exist.

Brother, can you help a brother out.

I'm just so friggen confused..

How??? How did you 'programmed already to the midi cc values for my spitfire uacc libraries'?

Chris

Just finished all the videos..

I didn't find the part that explains this :(

Yay
Old thread but for any other newbies who may read in future, I have had a BCF2000 gathering dust for a few months after I grabbed it off eBay. Finally set it up with Logic last night and got it successfully working with Spitfire libraries with faders assigned for Dynamics, Expression and Vibrato.

At first I made the mistake of following the DanceTech videos referenced above, but that's for using it in "Logic Control" mode, i.e. to control the mixer faders, etc.

I re-set it to factory settings and made sure it was set up in "USB-1" mode as a generic MIDI controller. I did have some faffing, as it's not as easy as just right clicking and selecting "Learn MIDI CC", I had to have the Logic Controller Assignments window open. In the "Zone" column I created a new entry for BCF2000, then did the MIDI learn thing on a different fader for each item and it seems to work very well. Tried switching between different libraries and it retains control of the correct item regardless.
Finally, someone who understands the difference.

But, you missed a crucial bit :(

Can you tell me how you 're-set' it, and then subsequently 'made sure it was set up in "USB-1" mode?

You must understand how frustrating this is, can you please help us out with a more thorough instruction set?

Hey, so I found the treasure!

Here's the boots I used, my ship, and the compass that got me there.

Enjoy the treasure guys..

That's literally what the internet feels like on this issue.

How about some instructions that actually get me 'to' the treasure :)

Just finished all the videos..

I didn't find the part that explains this :(
Sorry, I sold it on a while ago and now use an Avid Artist Mix with Cubase........I can;t remember what I did, but I remember programming the CC's in for the faders my holding a key. down and Turing one of the dials until I got the CC value I wanted.....

Top Bottom