What's new

Logic articulation set with Vienna Ensemble Pro

yellow_lupine

Hi everyone,

I am planning to move my current Cubase project to Logic and I wonder how to correctly handle articulation changes.
In Cubase I have a single VE Pro plugin, connected to a unique VE Pro server instance hosting about 70 VSL instruments.
Could you please tell me how should I configure Logic to use that single server instance?
Many of VSL articulations require more than three output parameters and if I have well understood, the only way to circumvent that limitation is by using a Scripter plugin on every midi track, is that correct?

I have tried VSL supplied templates but they support only 8 ports per server instance and the solo/mute buttons of the tracks are linked, I can’t mute a single track only.
I have also tried the multi-instruments template illustrated at https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=143416&p=763950&hilit=articulation+vsl and that seems to support more than 8 ports and the solo/mute buttons on the tracks are not linked, but I lost the possibility to insert MIDI FX plugin into them because their channel strips don’t permit plugin attachment.

I am a bit confused and sorry if that has already been questioned before.
Hope you can help :)

Since I couldn't get along with this template either I'd suggest to split up the 70 instruments to several instances within VePRO. It may also perform better that way. Of course you need then more than only VE Pro plugin in Logic but this is no issue.

I am not sure about the midi scripts in Logic - the ones I use for ancient VSL stuff seem to work only globally on all Midi channels of a plugin instance.

Cubase and Logic have very different architectures. I do not recommend your trying that same approach you use with Cubase with Logic.

Cubase and Logic have very different architectures. I do not recommend your trying that same approach you use with Cubase with Logic.
HI
I thought that you recommend to split instruments up in VEPro, so that each instrument is routed to its own instance. Making it much easier to handle in LPX. Is that wrong?

Top Bottom