What's new

Logic and VEP recommendations

garyhiebner

I know this has probably been mentioned quite a few times here and I've read through some of the posts but just wanted to double check how you guys recommend working with Logic (on the master) and VEP (on the slave). I've just gotten into VEP, and the networking is great, now onto making a template.

So the consensus is many instances inside VEP on the slave? Does this mean for example you'll have an instance called Violins, and in this VEP instance there will be the different Violin patches with the different articulations? (I'm using Spitfire Albion 1 for now to build up my first template and then will jump to my other libraries)

Then in Logic when you guys mention using a single instance of VEP, is this on a single instrument track or a multitimbral instrument? What I've done is in VEP I've added Kontakt and then added multiple patches into Kontakt all routed to to different MIDI channels. Then in Logic I create a multitimbral instruments. Then I can switch tracks to get to the different instruments in Kontakt in VEP. But I'm sure there's a better way than doing it this way.

I must say this is quite a wormhole and just wanted to check what is the best way at going about this. I don't want to go the Multipart environment way.

So any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

dgburns

stay calm and VI on
two camps of thought on this

1 many instruments inside fewer project instances,less connections to LPX.
2 many project instances with a small number of instr inside each,more connections into LPX.

The software developer has gone on record here saying he envisioned we would use option 1.Many LPX users here have found 2 the better way.

I kind of mix it up with a bit of both actually.

edit-yep,search for posts by Jay

OP
G

garyhiebner

Thanks Jay!

I'll search through for your older posts. But I think I'm gonna also need a Skype session with you. Heard too many good things here about your VEP and Logic setups.

Ashermusic

Thanks Jay!

I'll search through for your older posts. But I think I'm gonna also need a Skype session with you. Heard too many good things here about your VEP and Logic setups.

Cool. It will probably only take 1 hour as I know you are fairly experienced.

Top Bottom