What's new

Logic 10.3 is here

You mean X overall, or has 10.3 taken a turn ?
I meant the 10.3 update. My computer is rather old and has some issues so I'm cautious with updates...

The track alternative feature seems pretty useful though:)

Last edited:
Love the new features. Don't love the new look. Feels really washed out now and the text isn't as crisp. I was a fan of the darker look and more vibrant colors.

3 things stand out that could make my life a helluva lot easier:

-open / close all tracks stacks :) (i asked for that)
-improved scrolling performance on big projects with lots of regions (if this means i can drag and drop with no pain...)
-top 5 recent plug ins (at last less menu diving)

...the new takes, rubber banding multiple tracks' automation, hmm interesting too

...but no locked mixer views (i had to mention it!)

When is Apple the iPhone company going to take their professional users seriously? It's clear they don't care about Logic.
I'm so frustrated whenever I try to create and compose it's working as expected. Whenever I play and record instruments it sounds like music. Why is that I don't understand.

I wanna trouble shoot and not make music. I should send feedback.
Please developers stop improving and ad more loops! Please I'm begging you....

;)

Oh, I need to upgrade to El Capitan :(

I will loose pro tools hd 9 :(

I would of also liked:

a folder management function for the track stacks. (Like cubase)

A select view of the channels so I can select brass and go to those tracks.(like cubase)

Right click and assign midi control by touching the controller
(Like ableton)

Audio units version 3 so I can go more than 16 channels per interment. ( like vst3)

I've already submitted apple feedback but then again, iphone.

Not sure if I'll take the plunge yet. Most of these features are okey-ish but nothing great.

Also the up-the-ass forced upgrade. They could of clearly made it compatible with Yosemite but they sure need to sell their new touch bar laptop.

Damn I'm disgruntled!
At least it's an update, which alsways seems to coincide with namm so maybe next year?

If Apple was really listening they would have remedied the CPU core distribution/usage long ago... so surprise me and tell me it's at least improved.

As usual, a ton of great steps forward, and a few back. WHY, OH WHY, must software for creatives be dumbed down to almost cartoon-like visuals?!? The GUI flattening has got to stop. Now even subtle shading is gone. It doesn't need a faux-hardware GUI, but must it look like Ableton Live?! There's got to be a happy middle ground...

Rant over - looks like another stellar update otherwise ;)

As usual, a ton of great steps forward, and a few back. WHY, OH WHY, must software for creatives be dumbed down to almost cartoon-like visuals?!? The GUI flattening has got to stop. Now even subtle shading is gone. It doesn't need a faux-hardware GUI, but must it look like Ableton Live?! There's got to be a happy middle ground...

Yes! I ca't stand how they made it look like a childs version of garage band

Could not disagree more. After using it for a couple of weeks it is so much easier on the eyes that I would never want to go back. It is also far more customizable.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.17.51 PM (2).png

Now when I open a plug in window it first shows me the controls view and not the editor view (usual GUI) as before the update.
Anyone having the same issue?

Nice things in this update for sure.

But WHY OH WHY did they have to change the font and make it smaller and thinner, to the point where it is almost close to unreadable (and jagged)?! This is on a 4K monitor. It was perfect before, now it's an eyesore and seemingly no way to turn in back to what it was.

On the other hand, they made a lot of the icons much bigger - hurrayyy...

BTW surprised to see such a great development of Logic nowadays actually, I mean now that Apple are not making pro computers anymore, it's odd (but great!) that they continue development of Logic... :)

Last edited:
Very pleased with this update so far, with a lot of useful enhancements.

Buried amongst all the headline features is the ability to assign key commands to user transform sets, which (for me) is a huge workflow improvement.

Also the up-the-ass forced upgrade. They could of clearly made it compatible with Yosemite but they sure need to sell their new touch bar laptop.

Indeed, that's a bummer. However, i guess i will continue using Yosemite and Logic 10.2.4.
Sierra would require Omnisphere 2; while Ominisphere 1 has everything i need from Omnisphere.
Not sure if Ozone 5 works on Sierra; while Ozone 7 is my go to version, Ozone 5 still has functions i don't want to lose.

Top Bottom