Logic 10.3 is here

lpuser

anyone know if logic pro 9 still runs good on OS sierra? i miss it badly :(
Logic Pro 9 runs perfectly fine in Sierra over here. And this shows that it is in fact possible to develop software which does not require one of the two latest major OS releases ;)

OP
Wunderhorn

Wunderhorn

Still waiting for

- Simultaneous piano roll editing of several tracks (e.g. like Photoshop layers)
- Multiple CC lanes
- New AU format with getting rid of the old MIDI limitations

Alternative tracks sound great but not sure how much use it is when you edit mostly MIDI regions. The way I would like it is if a region could be a drop down menu of however many alternate versions of that particular region you have. You create a region and can assign it to the drop down holding space and of those you could specify which is the active one.
That would make composing easier less cluttered with extra lanes full of muted regions hanging around.

Besides that I am liking how much attention to detail was paid in this and recent updates.

Musicam

Still waiting for

- Simultaneous piano roll editing of several tracks (e.g. like Photoshop layers)
- Multiple CC lanes
- New AU format with getting rid of the old MIDI limitations

Alternative tracks sound great but not sure how much use it is when you edit mostly MIDI regions. The way I would like it is if a region could be a drop down menu of however many alternate versions of that particular region you have. You create a region and can assign it to the drop down holding space and of those you could specify which is the active one.
That would make composing easier less cluttered with extra lanes full of muted regions hanging around.

Besides that I am liking how much attention to detail was paid in this and recent updates.
Great!

Vik

Scandi Member
Still waiting for

What about this solution?

Piano roll layers.png

Regarding track alternatives, this solution is good enough for me, and more clean/uncluttered than region version easily could end up with.

Track alternatives.png

There's also Takes folders which pretty much could be used they way you describe, no?

Last edited:

galactic orange

Sensor Number
Correct. It now does most of what the Direction Mixer does without having to instantiate the Direction Mixer plug-in.
If this means I can use my Nektar P1 dedicated pan knobs to do true stereo panning then this is opens up a much easier workflow for me. (No more direction mixer necessary which means no more switching from the mixing page to effects page.)