What's new

Logic 10.3 is here

samphony

and as requested Track based alternatives and selection based bounce in place was added as well as 256 Busses instead of 64.
  • Plug-in side chain menus now display full routing information for busses, as is done on channel sends.
  • The repeat function now works for Marquee selections, and for Time Handles in the Piano Roll.
  • If the playhead is within the bounds of a selected region, a Piano Roll area or window with Content Link mode enabled will consistently show the area around the playhead.
  • Undoing the loading of a patch no longer causes samples on other Kontakt instruments to be unexpectedly reloaded.
  • Tracks created inside a Summing Stack by clicking the + button in the Track Header are now correctly routed to the summing bus.
  • It is now possible to copy/paste only the plug-ins or only the sends of a channel strip.
  • Busses are now listed by name rather than number when the Send or Output slot is clicked.
  • Bus labels in the Send and Output menus now show the assigned routing.
  • Busses used for track stack routing are now grouped in a sub-menu labeled with the name of the stack.
  • Software instruments can now be directly used as Side Chain inputs.
  • How plug-in side chain settings affect audio is now audible when bouncing a track in place.
  • Bounced regions now reliably maintain user created names, and when added to a track, the track is named for the region as expected.
  • When exporting tracks, regions or selections as audio files various new options allow to set up custom file names.
  • Capture Recording now properly merges with existing regions when the Project Recording setting for Cycle mode is set to Merge.
  • The Play from Selection key command now responds to selected Flex pitched notes in an audio region.
  • Zoom to fit key commands now work properly when used on a marquee selected area.
  • When splitting a region with Clip Length on that contains MIDI CC data that is all to the left side of the split, the new region to the right of the split point now includes a MIDI CC message of the correct value to ensure it plays back the same as before the split.
  • Crossfades can now be applied to multiple selected regions by swiping from right to left.
  • Fade in and Fade outs can now be applied to multiple selected regions on the same track with the Fade Tool.
  • The Toggle Zoom to fit selection or All Contents key command now works was expected with selected Track Stack containers.
  • The effect of changes made to the region gain while in play will now be heard without having to start and stop playback
Nice improvements.

Has anyone tested if AU3 is implemented yet?

Last edited:

gsilbers

Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com
ita a lot stuff on the main link.

no AUv3 though. oh well.

does it have multiple cc lane editing?

and whats the deal with 64 bit mix engine? I remember pro tools flaunting this a while ago. does it create better sounding mixes? more headroom?

ctsai89

Poem of Ecstasy
It's good that logic is coming with some new features again.

More importantly though, any known new bugs?

ctsai89

Poem of Ecstasy
anyone know if logic pro 9 still runs good on OS sierra? i miss it badly :(

but time to download x 3.0!

Mr. Ha

What do you guys think about the new design? I kind of knew it was gonna look something like this, but having used the previous version every day for a long time, it'll take some time to getting used to...

Also, any bugs?

Christof

True stereo panning, that means when I adjust the pan knob it changes the position, not only the volume as before right?

synthpunk

You mean X overall, or has 10.3 taken a turn ?

What do you guys think about the new design? I kind of knew it was gonna look something like this, but having used the previous version every day for a long time, it'll take some time to getting used to...

Also, any bugs?

Ashermusic

True stereo panning, that means when I adjust the pan knob it changes the position, not only the volume as before right?

Correct. It now does most of what the Direction Mixer does without having to instantiate the Direction Mixer plug-in.

Ashermusic

Also, any bugs?
Love it, much easier on the eyes.

Top Bottom