What's new

List of sample libraries/plugins/companies that use iLok?

Arise

I was wondering if anyone has at least an approximate list of sample library developers or plugins/libraries that require iLok.

I know of Eastwest's stuff and Heavyocity (at least the Punish plugin requires iLok).

Anyone know of any more?

AllanH

UVI, but works with a machine license just like East West

I believe Liquidsonics requires a physical iLok.

averystemmler

Here's a few that come to mind, speaking only from personal experience. Edit: I should add that I'm not sure which of these are machine licensable via iLok.

Liquidsonics (except "Reverberate 2")

EastWest

Lexicon (PCM Native at least, I assume others do too)

SoundToys, though I think they recently changed something. Not sure if it's still iLok based.

Punish may be, but I don't believe any Kontakt libraries are, heavyocity or otherwise.

Last edited:

WindcryMusic

Lemurite
Here's a few that come to mind, speaking only from personal experience. Edit: I should add that I'm not sure which of these are machine licensable via iLok.

Liquidsonics (except "Reverberate 2")

EastWest

Izotope

Lexicon (PCM Native at least, I assume others do too)

SoundToys, though I think they recently changed something. Not sure if it's still iLok based.

Punish may be, but I don't believe any Kontakt libraries are, heavyocity or otherwise.
Izotope can optionally use iLok, I believe, but the original question appears to be which companies require iLok, and Izotope doesn't require it.

dzilizzi

I know nothing
Are you talking a dongle? There are a lot of companies that have a soft iLok option.

ProTools also requires an iLok.

I like the iLok, it makes it easy to switch computers and when I have to reload a hard drive, everything is automatically authorized. No searching for serial numbers or activation codes.

Virtuoso

These are all the ones on my iLok. The ones with a star* offer only 1 activation. The rest offer 2 apart from UVI, who offer 3.

I hadn't really noticed before but these are mainly effects plugins. I have a VAST library of Virtual Instruments, but only Ivory and UVI use iLok.

AudioEase (Altiverb)*
Celemony (Melodyne)*
Eventide
Exponential Audio*
Lexicon*
Heavyocity (Punish)
iZotope*
Liquidsonics
Slate Digital*
Softube
Soundtoys
Synthogy (Ivory)