What's new

List of sample libraries/plugins/companies that use iLok?

UVI, but works with a machine license just like East West

I believe Liquidsonics requires a physical iLok.

Here's a few that come to mind, speaking only from personal experience. Edit: I should add that I'm not sure which of these are machine licensable via iLok.

Liquidsonics (except "Reverberate 2")

EastWest

Lexicon (PCM Native at least, I assume others do too)

SoundToys, though I think they recently changed something. Not sure if it's still iLok based.

Punish may be, but I don't believe any Kontakt libraries are, heavyocity or otherwise.

Last edited:
Here's a few that come to mind, speaking only from personal experience. Edit: I should add that I'm not sure which of these are machine licensable via iLok.

Liquidsonics (except "Reverberate 2")

EastWest

Izotope

Lexicon (PCM Native at least, I assume others do too)

SoundToys, though I think they recently changed something. Not sure if it's still iLok based.

Punish may be, but I don't believe any Kontakt libraries are, heavyocity or otherwise.

Izotope can optionally use iLok, I believe, but the original question appears to be which companies require iLok, and Izotope doesn't require it.

Are you talking a dongle? There are a lot of companies that have a soft iLok option.

ProTools also requires an iLok.

I like the iLok, it makes it easy to switch computers and when I have to reload a hard drive, everything is automatically authorized. No searching for serial numbers or activation codes.

These are all the ones on my iLok. The ones with a star* offer only 1 activation. The rest offer 2 apart from UVI, who offer 3.

I hadn't really noticed before but these are mainly effects plugins. I have a VAST library of Virtual Instruments, but only Ivory and UVI use iLok.

AudioEase (Altiverb)*
Celemony (Melodyne)*
Eventide
Exponential Audio*
Lexicon*
Heavyocity (Punish)
iZotope*
Liquidsonics
Slate Digital*
Softube
Soundtoys
Synthogy (Ivory)
UVI

Combined above and added others I know of FWIW; don't have a breakdown of which need a dongle or not:

EDIT updated list:

Ableton
Air
Apogee
AudioEase (Altiverb)
Avid
Celemony (Melodyne)
East West
Eventide
Exponential Audio
Flux
Heavyocity
Korneff Audio
Lexicon
Liquidsonics
Nembrini Audio
PreSonus
PSP
Pulsar
Slate Digital
Softube
Solid State Logic
Sonnox
SoundToys
Soundtheory (Gullfoss)
Synthogy (Ivory)
URS
UVI
Zynaptiq

Last edited:
Antares - Though they have their own alternative which is even more annoying. I was annoyed you have to enter your birthday in a profile page before you're allowed to register and use what you paid for.

Audioease is among the few that won't allow disk or computer authorization, which is a decent alternative to the dongle.

you guys know iLok lists all the companies?
Update

Ableton
Air
Apogee
AudioEase (Altiverb)
Avid
Celemony (Melodyne)
East West
Eventide
Exponential Audio
Flux
Heavyocity
JST tones
Korneff Audio
Kush
Lexicon
Liquidsonics
Nembrini Audio
PreSonus
PSP
Pulsar
SKnote
Slate Digital
Softube
Solid State Logic
Sonnox
SoundToys (not since 2022)
Soundtheory (Gullfoss)
STL Tones
Synthogy (Ivory)
URS
UVI
Zynaptiq

Same here, I know sound toys quit iLok this year, but VSL not there is new?

1661084639603.jpeg

The iLok Licensing System is used by these companies​

The iLok Licensing system is a flexible, cross-platform software license management system that allows you to use one iLok device to hold hundreds of software licenses from many different software publishers. License portability and ease of license management make the iLok the dongle of choice for many software publishers.

Long live iLok.
You realize how precious it is when fresh reinstalling all your software on a new machine.
All the non iLok plugins take a very boring chunk of time to authorize, license etc...
The iLok ones you just install in a couple of clicks, stick the stick, done.
Also when moving home/studio machine.
Just don't lose it I guess.

Yeah maybe they did not pay their bills or they are in Russia, big tech secretly banned Russian accounts, its a nice way of robbing customers, i know Plugin alliance did .
Liquidsonics is also not in that list. I assume that is a curated list of companies and not a list of all companies that use iLok.

Top Bottom