Limit on threads that can be added to your Watch List?

premjj

I don't seem to be getting notifications for some of the forums and threads that I am watching.

Is there a limit on how many threads I can add to my watch list?

creativeforge

the plumber
I don't seem to be getting notifications for some of the forums and threads that I am watching.

Is there a limit on how many threads I can add to my watch list?
Hi, not that I know of. But how many threads are we talking, which ones don't you get notifications for?

Andre

OP
premjj

premjj

Hi, not that I know of. But how many threads are we talking, which ones don't you get notifications for?

Andre
Am not sure what the watched thread count is at my end. I've added quite a few.

But I happened to visit some forum sub levels (which are on my watch list) and noticed that they were showing a lot of unread threads (indicated by the blue dot). But I hadn't been getting notifications for most of them.

Edit: Since the whole forum is on the Watch List I thought all new threads as well as the threads that were directly on the Watch List would raise notifications.

creativeforge

the plumber
I see. Note that not every single notifications are sent for the same threads. If you get one notification for a thread, "you will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages." So if you visit the thread you get a notification for in a Watched Forum, then you can go through the rest of them (blue dots).

However, it's possible that this could also be caused by a cap on the alerts per page. I just increased this number, so let me know if that changes anything?

Hope this helps,

Andre

Last edited:
OP
premjj

premjj

I was also wondering if the watched forums behave in the same manner as you quoted above for watched threads. So if I don't log in to view new threads then after some time I stop getting notifications from that particular watched forum. That may explain the missing notifications.

it's possible that this could also be caused by a cap on the alerts per page. I just increased this number, so let me know if that changes anything?
Thanks. I'll observe for a few days and let you know.

creativeforge

the plumber
I was also wondering if the watched forums behave in the same manner as you quoted above for watched threads. So if I don't log in to view new threads then after some time I stop getting notifications from that particular watched forum. That may explain the missing notifications.
Right, you got it.

Thanks. I'll observe for a few days and let you know.
Thank you!

BTW, enjoyed the $10 thread!