What's new

Liine Lemur - Fader default values

MrLinssi

A glorified bedroom musician.
Calling all Lemur wizards! I'd like to control some of the parameters inside Cubases's control room (mainly levels). I know there is a way to have the faders display the Db values and also to start with a default value of, say, 0Db. This probably involves a script and I have no idea how to do it...doing a google search didn't help either.

dgburns

summer of pickles and IPA beer
Create a fader, let's call it Fader
Create a pad, let's call it Pads
Create a script for 'Pads' called 'action'

Execution- On Expression X (I use the either going up or down condition)

Fader.x=.64;

In this example I specify the object 'Fader' and call upon it to set the value of x to .64. Remember that the values go to 100. If you need them to go to 127, in the sidebar for Fader, use value = x*127 instead of just x.

You can also define a value of 'Fader' on load, but setting up a button is better because you can hit it whenever you like. You can set up one pad for a calibrated level, and others for different volume positions once you know the values to set for 'Fader.x'

Attachments

dgburns

summer of pickles and IPA beer
While we're at it, here's another one to create a label for that Pad

Create a script and call it label

On Execution On Load

setattribute(Pads,'labels',{'calibrated volume'});

In this script, you specify the object 'Pads' and call the pad 'calibrated volume'. Make sure the Multilabel box is checked on the far left sidebar.

Attachments

OP
MrLinssi

MrLinssi

A glorified bedroom musician.
While we're at it, here's another one to create a label for that Pad

Create a script and call it label

On Execution On Load

setattribute(Pads,'labels',{'calibrated volume'});

In this script, you specify the object 'Pads' and call the pad 'calibrated volume'. Make sure the Multilabel box is checked on the far left sidebar.
It works like a charm, much appreciated! :)

Top Bottom