What's new

Library Spotlight - Amber Strings

I remember hearing demos of this when it first came out, and not being very impressed. But listening to your no-nonsense walk-through made me realize this really is a nice sounding library. Thanks for the great review.

You can get a more expressive legato sound by enabling transitions in the legato tab of the portato or swell articulations, gives melodies a nice "always in motion" quality. I hate how this stuff is barely discoverable (learned about it through Fredrik's posts on VI-C), could just add +LEG to the names. At least SINE's variation slider has labels on it!

You can get a more expressive legato sound by enabling transitions in the legato tab of the portato or swell articulations, gives melodies a nice "always in motion" quality. I hate how this stuff is barely discoverable (learned about it through Fredrik's posts on VI-C), could just add +LEG to the names. At least SINE's variation slider has labels on it!
Yeah SINE is good but the interface is too deceptive. I remember reading about how you could add legato to other articulations and going "wowee" then forgetting it existed once I started using the player.

This would be great for quite a few kinds of things. Seriously considering!

Thanks for taking the time to go through this one. Definitely an interesting, "current" sound that isn't really possible with anything else. I'll probably get it once I determine if SINE will work smoothly for me.

Oh wow – this is pretty much up my alley – wasn't aware of it! Thank you!
Just out of curiosity: Is this downtuning normally done digitally in post or somehow on the instrument itself (if this is even possible)?

Oh wow – this is pretty much up my alley – wasn't aware of it! Thank you!
Just out of curiosity: Is this downtuning normally done digitally in post or somehow on the instrument itself (if this is even possible)?
The string players can downtune their instruments, similar to a guitar.

Top Bottom