Library music and writing what you want to write

Valérie_D

*There's also the notion of extended family : I don't have children, absolutly don't have time, nor the funds, nor the partner. I have been tutoring my cousin for 2 years now.

He just turned sixteen and I have been teaching him english on a regular basis with books, films and conversations. We go in cafés and read together and I bring him to the movies, we talk about it in english afterwards, his mom does not speak english and is very thankful I'm there for him. It's a very fulfilling experience, just like my childless uncle did for me when I was a teen.

Daryl

This is all getting very OT now. For my part, there are some people, for whom creativity is such a huge part, who can't be happy without using that creativity, no matter the other perceived costs. People who don't have this sort of creativity will never understand what that feels like. That is not a failing on their part. Just part of life's rich tapestry. We're all different.

Vonk

I suspect there is an interesting discussion to be had about the benefits and pitfalls of working for/with music libraries. Sadly this is no longer it.
Breast feeding ? Divorce laws? Child rearing? Cats?
Who knew ........

Chr!s

Says the music biz buzzkill, society dogmatist and decryer of female self-determination! :grin:
Buddy, you are the first on the "fuck the biz and being a corporate slave" train in every case. You were in this thread too, but your perpetual cognitive dissonance causes you to forget that and spurge out the second that some other thing for you to oppose shows up. Desire Inspires likened library writing to a prison as well, but even he turned tail on this in a flash too.

I suspect there is an interesting discussion to be had about the benefits and pitfalls of working for/with music libraries. Sadly this is no longer it.
Breast feeding ? Divorce laws? Child rearing? Cats?
Who knew ........
It's all been had within the first three pages. The biggest pitfall here is that OP's financial expectations on niche genres are unrealistic and there's no shortage of "who cares if you can potentially waste your prime years chasing a dream statistically unlikely to happen!" cheerleaders. It's absolutely a relevant discussion to have with young people pursuing music careers.

All the people who fail and the 45-year-old, clinically-depressed, forever-alone lawyers are "just numbers", but this is coming from the same liberal-minded people who'd care deeply about "just numbers" if this were about legalizing drugs, climate change, vaccinations, and the like. :rolleyes:

D Halgren

Buddy, you are the first on the "fuck the biz and being a corporate slave" train in every case. You were in this thread too, but your perpetual cognitive dissonance causes you to forget that and spurge out the second that some other thing for you to oppose shows up. Desire Inspires likened library writing to a prison as well, but even he turned tail on this in a flash too.

It's all been had within the first three pages. The biggest pitfall here is that OP's financial expectations on niche genres are unrealistic and there's no shortage of "who cares if you can potentially waste your prime years chasing a dream statistically unlikely to happen!" cheerleaders. It's absolutely a relevant discussion to have with young people pursuing music careers.

All the people who fail and the 45-year-old, clinically-depressed, forever-alone lawyers are "just numbers", but this is coming from the same liberal-minded people who'd care deeply about "just numbers" if this were about legalizing drugs, climate change, vaccinations, and the like. :rolleyes:
So, you came to a forum that is full of people that work in the music industry in order to tell them that there is no way to be successful and happy in the music industry? That's brilliant! Since you're here, why don't you tell us about your rich family life. Are you married? How many kids? What are their names? They must be proud of their dad, as he has all the answers in life, and is undoubtedly the most successful man in the world. Good on ya, bud. You won life!

Parsifal666

I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.
So, you came to a forum that is full of people that work in the music industry in order to tell them that there is no way to be successful and happy in the music industry? That's brilliant! Since you're here, why don't you tell us about your rich family life. Are you married? How many kids? What are their names? They must be proud of their dad, as he has all the answers in life, and is undoubtedly the most successful man in the world. Good on ya, bud. You won life!
What he said.

StevenMcDonald

stevenmcdonaldmusic.com
I didn't say this at first, but the more this Chris guy goes on, the more he comes off as someone who is bitter about not having a music career and is trying to justify it to himself, while also pushing some political views/values. Killing two birds with one really weird and out-of-place stone.

Maybe that's inaccurate, but it just keeps reinforcing itself to me with every post.

Desire Inspires

To the stars through desire....
This is all getting very OT now. For my part, there are some people, for whom creativity is such a huge part, who can't be happy without using that creativity, no matter the other perceived costs. People who don't have this sort of creativity will never understand what that feels like. That is not a failing on their part. Just part of life's rich tapestry. We're all different.
Yeah. If you love music more than having a family, then choose music. No need in getting stuck in relationships that you will regret and be absent in.

Don’t give up your dreams for anything.

CologneScoring

I'm quite surprised and annoyed everytime I start reading a thread about a subject that interests me, just to find it hijacked by someone who have to force everybody into this "my way is the only one, and there is nothing you can do about it" thing, wich isn't even related to the question.
Absurd. And absolutely ridiculous...

InLight-Tone

I didn't say this at first, but the more this Chris guy goes on, the more he comes off as someone who is bitter about not having a music career and is trying to justify it to himself, while also pushing some political views/values. Killing two birds with one really weird and out-of-place stone.

Maybe that's inaccurate, but it just keeps reinforcing itself to me with every post.
BOOM!!!