What's new

Library for oriental\mediterranean pop?

Not only did Fayez Saidawi (originally from Jordan, now in Toronto), the creator of Findasound, make Oriental Soloist, but also Oriental Strings. He's okay with the word Oriental.

I do think there is a difference between calling an object, like an instrument, as being from the Orient (which is often done in loop libraries) as opposed to calling an Asian person an "Oriental." 40-50 years ago my Asian friends told me they preferred to be called Asians, and I respect their wishes. But these instruments and the musical techniques, styles, design, and cultural references associated with them, date back centuries. I don't think Oriental is inappropriate in this context, and clearly Saidawi doesn't either.

FYI, on the Findasound website, it now says that all their future libraries will be released by Zero-G, like Eastern Percussion Module (formerly Fayez Saidawi Percussions) was. I'm sure that if Zero-G re-releases these libraries, the names will be changed to "Eastern" or "Middle Eastern" or "Desert" or "Arabian" or something else that will be more palatable to western consumers.

Reactions: Rey
Findaound.they actually made great middle east instruments. strings such as 'oriental strings' and others such as accordions etc using 'oriental soloist' in the videos above. for percussion I would look at darbukator.

I don't know what happened to them. I messaged them at their Findasound facebook but no reply. They did say they products will be redistributed by zero-g but I cant seem to find much of them.

Oriental strings by Fayez saidawi is what fitting as Arabic strings or they call Kamanjat and many other Arabic songs use kamanjat or Arabic strings.

Now its really hard to find Arabic instruments vsts...
Aviram is a good alternative, though the strings sounds across the articulation selections are not really consistent. Some sound bright some a little mellow. I wish aviram can make them all unified sound of a sort like oriental strings from Fayez saidawi from Findasound.

Well I wish to see more of them. Heard about Era Persia I think they got strings.
So is World: middle east from Native Instruments.
also take a look at koron from Impact Soundworks. Im not sure they have strings though you have to research.

Last edited:
I'm not looking for arabic\turkish\mediterranean folklore instruments, like the ones that can be found in libraries like Ethno World 6.

But instruments for contemporary oriental\mediterranean pop music.
Here a good example for what I'm talking about:

I'm lookig firstly for a base, that cover all the essential instruments of that genre.
After that I may go for individual instruments.

The problem is that I searched for hours all over the web for such a library, and all I have found is a library that called Oriental Soloist 2, from a company named Findasound.
This is a great library, the only problem is that this company is not exist anymore and there is no option to purchase this library.

Thanks for sharing. Nice song!

I'm not looking for arabic\turkish\mediterranean folklore instruments, like the ones that can be found in libraries like Ethno World 6.

But instruments for contemporary oriental\mediterranean pop music.
Here a good example for what I'm talking about:

I'm lookig firstly for a base, that cover all the essential instruments of that genre.
After that I may go for individual instruments.

The problem is that I searched for hours all over the web for such a library, and all I have found is a library that called Oriental Soloist 2, from a company named Findasound.
This is a great library, the only problem is that this company is not exist anymore and there is no option to purchase this library.

This is My Library, and the company closed because of the piracy. My new company is at hrsounds.com

Top Bottom