What's new

Let me hear your low reed writing!

Rodney Money

On V.I. avoiding work.
I am secretly in love with low reeds such as bassoons, contrabassoons, bass clarinets, contrabass clarinets, barry saxes, etc. Would you care to share how you have used these instruments in your VI renderings?

Dave Connor

I write for them constantly and see them as a mainstay of the orchestra. But every classical composer that ever lived uses them constantly not to mention Williams, Goldsmith, Elfman and the majority of film composers through it's history.

Saxer

Is there a special low reed writing? It's part of the section... so you could also ask for a special second violins writing?

mcalis

a little piece based on bassoon
Great piece! I really like how you use the bassoon as a sort of rhytmic punctuation and the oboe is a nice contrast to the low tones. Very well done! You made another low woodwinds fan very happy today! :)

JonSolo

Not Han's Brother
Yes inspiring. Nicely done. I love the low winds. Lately I have been interested in how to make ALL winds more integrated into my compositions. This is a good topic.

tokatila

How's 10 minutes of bassoon playing? Lol.
Fudge. Ok, you got me. How about if I write you a bassoon concerto, like old skool style? It will take a while but I dare you I will do it if pushed.

And I have absolutely no idea how to write an old skool bassoon concerto, but that's what IMSLP is for.

OP
Rodney Money

Rodney Money

On V.I. avoiding work.
Fudge. Ok, you got me. How about if I write you a bassoon concerto, like old skool style? It will take a while but I dare you I will do it if pushed.

And I have absolutely no idea how to write an old skool bassoon concerto, but that's what IMSLP is for.
Do it, I am writing a trumpet concerto right now, lol, but do it in your style. Put your own voice and emotion into it letting your heart speak.

Last edited:
Top Bottom