1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LESS THAN 72 HRS LEFT! 70% off “Atom” by Audiomodern - Normally €149 now €45!

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by VSTBuzz, Mar 6, 2018.

1. VSTBuzz

VSTBuzz Senior Member

Feb 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

[Deal: 70% off "Atom" by Audiomodern

Value: €149
    Discount: 70%
    Price: €45

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-atom-audio-modern!

Introducing “Atom”, a unique new virtual instrument for Kontakt designed to create a huge range of distinctive cinematic sounds, otherworldly atmospheres, mesmeric drones, emotive synths, noisey pads, organic keys, impressive cinematic fx, transitional elements, Impacts and and Melodic Motifs!

With a powerful custom engine fully equipped to spark your creativity it is perfect for Epic Trailer Music, Tension Cues, Hybrid Orchestral Music and Sound Design!

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-atom-audio-modern!

2. Gerard.K

Gerard.K Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Bought it few minutes ago, but I can't download. Looks like there is problem at CDN.
    Download Link 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are broken. Plz fix this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download error fixed. Works well and sounds are unique and fantastic!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  3. OP
    OP
    VSTBuzz

VSTBuzz Senior Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Hi @Gerard.K sorry to hear you're having issues. The download links have been tested multiple times and do work. You may need to ensure you're extracting correctly (don't extract the files one by one, but highlight them all and extra them all at once). If you're still having issues, just drop us an email at support@vstbuzz.com and we'll help you out right away!

4. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    Bought it. really impressed with the sounds of this library. All usable and inspiring. I own a few libraries with a similar concept of having multiple sound source that you can mix together, and apply effects etc, but Atom is probably the easiest, and fun one to use. With little imagination, you can achieve great results.

Only little drawback so far is that when you browse through presets, you can have your DAW or Kontakt crashing doing so (was doing so, until I hit the Kontakt Panic button each time before changing preset). I figured that even if you barely, or don't hear the sound of the current preset, some process is still happening (you can see the CPU usage % still going up) and if you swap preset while it's still processing, this is where it would crash. However, no issues when you play a preset and stick with it, so just a very minor issue that is just affecting the browsing. Since I'm using a template, I won't have to deal with that issue anymore once I'll have all the tracks sets.

5. blougui

blougui Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    How would you compare it to Wild Blue Sound Eclipse ?

And what if you already own Omisphere 2 ?
    thanx !

6. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    As I mentioned in another thread, i got Atom over the weekend, which I love too but had minimal time with it. I think they are different beasts. Atom is only 2 sound sources, while Eclipe can have up to 4. Sound sources are different too so what you get out of those are quite different. This is just my own opinion, but I feel that Eclipse is more usable as ambiance/rythmic/pulse/drone/atmospheric stuff while with ATOM, although it can do drones/ambiance, it is rather simple ones and have other types such as keys and percs sounds. I also feel the engine in Eclipse is more flexible than the one in ATOM. 2 great products

7. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    I don't own omnisphere but from what I've seen from it, it's not really comparable to neither atom or eclipse. It's totally different things.

8. blougui

blougui Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Thanx for the feedback !
    I mentioned Omni because each time I’ m tempted by any atmo Kontakt libs I have to remember that I possessed the ultimate ambient tool - or at least one of those ultimate.
    Have eDNA too which I have mixed feelings about. But it’s 2 sound sources, gate, automated FX and lotsa granular sources.
    And Signal, a pulse generator - but D aniel James reviewed side by side Signal and Orbit so I’ m more aware of differences and targets...

9. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    well, I don't have eDNA, but I do have that engine as part of Albion One and V and I'm not too found of it. Sure it's a 2 sound source engine, but I just never got used to the UI. I do own few other libs who also offers the same concepts of multiple sound sources that you can layer together, but from them all, I feel that Atom is the easiest to use (simple/intuitive UI). The amount of effects offered in Atom is complete enough to do the job properly and and quality of the sound sources is definitely there. I like that each source have the full scale of effects that can be applied independently than the second source. I also like how smooth the distort effect is. Gives a gentle edge to the sounds. Can you achieve similar results with other libs? In most case, yes (depending of the sound source available) but with Atom, I just feel you can obtain rewarding results more quickly due to its clean UI, It just encourage you to work your own sounds rather than limiting yourself to the out of the box presets. ;) But that's just my opinion. For that price anyway, it's a no brainer. ;)

10. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Does anyone have any tips on downloading and installing this? I've downloaded all the files three times. Each time I've moved them to the desktop and selected them all for Winrar to open. Each time Winrar indicates that somewhere between 1 and 6 of the files is corrupt. This is maddening.

11. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Follow up. I got it on the fourth try. Apparently each file has to be downloaded separately, one after another. There was still an error thrown by Winrar in regard to the third file in the sequence but I ignored it and the files were un-archived appropriately. Not too crazy about having to download a paid app to do this. I imagine 7zip may have worked after all but I tried it first so I didn't know about the sequential download thing. I'm especially not thrilled about being directed to a sketchy looking "rewards" page when clicking through from the instruction download. Instead I ended up just searching for Winrar and using the trial on their site.

Brief review so far: Fantastic sounds - awful procurement and installation process.

12. OP
    OP
    VSTBuzz

VSTBuzz Senior Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Hi there, sorry to hear you had problems with the extraction. The downloadable files were actually created with 7zip so do work with that (or Winrar). To extract them correctly, simply highlight all of them, right click and press "extract". We test each deal multiple times before release and it definitely works correctly, so I'd suggest ensuring you have each file fully downloaded before extracting :)

You mentioned there was a "sketchy looking rewards page" when clicking through from the instruction download. I'm not sure what this is in relation to?

Also...only 72 hours left for people to grab the deal before its gone!