What's new

Le Saut – Original animated short film soundtrack

Kubler

Hello everyone,

I realized recently that I never posted this two-years old work, so here it is. During spring 2018 I scored “Le Saut” (“The Jump”), an animated short film made entirely in watercolors by a student from art school Émile Cohl in Lyon, France, as her graduation project. You can watch it here :)

The second half of the track is what I had originally composed before the student took a major, more somber turn with her artistic requirements for the music, so I altered my first version and it's what ultimately made the cut. I was still quite pleased with what I came up with at the beginning, so I slightly extended it and put all the material together in this 2' arrangement of the soundtrack !

As always, feel free to share with me any remark you might have about the music, the samples, the mixing or whatever. I hope you enjoy the track !

Last edited:
OP
Kubler

Kubler

Delightful! The strings coming in at 28secs sounds really nice. Also love the tuned percussion at 1:45!
Thank you ! The strings are sordino patches from 8Dio's Anthology Strings, and at 1:45 there's 8va flutes (or piccolo, don't remember) and a xylophone coming in to double the strings ! I always loved this texture ^^

Top Bottom